Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New here. Couldn't open my peugeot 208e this morning with either key. Nothing happened at all. So I opened the app and set aircon off I the hope it would 'wake up' the car and it worked! Anyone else had this problem. Obviously going to be an issue if it happens somewhere there's no phone signal!

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
Common with the Corsa E and the keyless system. Randomly appalling at times. How long was the car left unused for? I usually just change the fob batteries for new panasonic ones if they start to be troublesome. Rules out dodgy battery then.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,168 Posts
Is it possible that your keys were left within range of the car? If the car senses the keys and doesn't change that sense, then the car will put itself into some kind of sleep mode after a period of time to try and protect the 12v battery. It then requires some other source to try and "wake" the car up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it possible that your keys were left within range of the car? If the car senses the keys and doesn't change that sense, then the car will put itself into some kind of sleep mode after a period of time to try and protect the 12v battery. It then requires some other source to try and "wake" the car up.
That is very possible . Keys used to lock the front door. Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts