Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Indeed. I very much doubt that it's way off the mark though. You can see why our politicians, who need to get elected every 5 years, have such a short-termist attitude and won't tackle climate change.

I have to say that, as a baby-boomer, I'm an incredibly lucky person. My parents' generation saw the hardship and slaughter associated with two world wars. My children's generation are cursed by the financial hardship caused by ridiculous house price inflation and the unbelievable greed of the ultra-rich. I think my grand-children are probably in for a very tough time and will probably see a dramatic decline in the level of civilisation.

I've lived in one of the world's richest countries in the easiest time to be alive. I was 4 days old when rationing stopped, I've had the NHS to look after me, I've had generally pretty good health, I work very short hours and choose what I do and, a few cycling targets apart, I have very few ambitions left.

One of them is to drop dead some time after my 85th birthday on a glorious summer's day whilst out on my bicycle.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Funny how you never hear about the primary heating effect in a closed system of burning billions of tons of oil,coal and gas.
I often wonder how much that contributes to the 0.8 degree rise on its own.
Global dimming is caused by atmospheric polution too. Daytime ground temps would be higher if the air was as clear as it used to be.
That effect was recorded when all flights were grounded after 9/11 and the US contrail reflection to space was reduced.
That's another feedback loop, as you clean up the atmosphere the surface temperatures rise and there is less airborne dust to seed water condensation which reflects heat back to space:(:eek:.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some times I wounder why anyone trys to help the planet, people as a collective are always adverse to change, I think things are moving to slow. Driving Electric car sola panels wind mills what dose it matter, The planet is 0.8% if we hit 2% it will change everything, and people are more interest in making money, we needed to change are ways 30years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts