Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Cars with number plates VK12 Vxx

3K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  phildenholm 
#1 ·
I'm doing a little bit of used Ampera perusing at the moment, and there seem to be loads of cars with the numberplates VK12 V and then two random letters afterwards.

The only Amperas I've ever seen seem to have this number plate configuration too...

Were they the first batch all registered together?

#2 ·
Mine starts YP12, but when i purchased it a few weeks ago, the dealer said it was one of the first and was probably used by someone at Vauxhall. Don't know if this is true at all.
Having looked at the V5 when it came through it was owned by a leasing company initially. The batch with VX12 might have been purchased by a leasing company and registered together.

#5 ·
I test drove one recently with a VK12 number plate and was told they are from Vauxhall themselves i.e. employee/staff cars released into the wild!

#11 ·
Sorry to restart an old thread but my car is a VK12 V reg. From what i have found out it does seem all of the demo cars that dealers had were VK12 V reg and its likely mine was one of them, first stamp in the book was related to a fleet company. I also found some videos on youtube from various dealers up and down the country and they all had VK12 V reg cars, so far not seen mine in any of them but if anyone knows anything about VK12 VKG (Vicky the viking) please let me know :)

#16 ·
#18 ·
My car is a VK12 V** and was purchased from a Vauxhall dealer as ex demo with only 11,000 miles after 2 1/2 years.

Was told they were from a central stock which had been scattered around dealers and no haggling allowed.

Reactions: phildenholm
#19 ·
I also have a VK12 car, lithium white Electron bought secondhand from Bellingers last year. Yes, many of the early VK12 plate cars were used as demonstrators. Some were then retained as Vauxhall company cars. When I bought my car last year I found in the boot an old laminated sales guide that was probably used at sales events in 2012.My car seems to have led an easy life and is in excellent condition, most of the other VK12 Ampera's that I have also seen appear to be in good condition as well.

#21 ·
mines VK12 VME and registered on launch day as far as I know.
Also featured in the Worlds End, as a few other VK12 ones were.
I am told the first bunch of press/demos etc were all used in the film.
Worlds end VK12VME

#24 ·
All my vauxhall club mates watched the film and totally missed the Ampera adverts in the background AND the circa 12 cars in it! I bought a copy as did one of my mates, he zoomed in more than I did and brightened his telly up and there she is!
pics of all pretty well of them on imcdb.org, all VX12 ### or L# VXL private plates, plus the weird green coloured one. Strange film, but the cars the star, as they say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.