Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have carwings, but what would anybody else recommend either paid or free.
Tried the ecotricity rapid charge in Fleet services on the M3 and after a bit of cussing and swearing got the hang of connecting and disconnecting from the car, i love that i can just go for a leak and a coffee while i charge up, had a chat with another leaf owner who said they had'nt used a rapid charge yet but were going to now they knew it was so easy.
Also only had the car 5 days and have only done 100 or so miles with an average of 3.4kw/mile is this good.
Cheers People

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Only used Leaf Link (iOS) and it's OK but still limited, at least it fits the screen dimensions though, CarWings is SO clunky it's untrue.

I've heard that Nissan intent to close down the CarWings API (or whatever access they currently allow) to third party apps, though not sure where that originated.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
There is a real knack of attaching and detaching Chademo. There are a couple of points though that make it easy and foolproof and reduces the risk of damage.

Whatever, don't force it. If you need to force it then you are probably doing it wrong and may damage something.

I will do a video on it soon on the EV Wiki.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Paul (admin) forgot to say it has to be android have just installed leaf manager so will try that.
Paul (well known member) a video would be good, although i know not to try and force it out some people probably don't and it can be a little tricky.Pretty good though 80% charge for free 13 miles to home two days to work and home 25 x 2 so a total of 63 miles and still a few miles in the tank, now how can i talk work into installing a charge point in my cark park for totally free motoring hummmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts