Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have contacted Nissan because I am not happy with the number Charging Points missing on the Carwings Sat Nav built into the car. For instance I drove from Preston to Leicester and back over the weekend and every service station I stopped at was not registered on the carwings/sat nav.

Am I the only one that things Nissan need to improve the carwings charging point data?

Why would be put up with using different apps to get the most relevant up-to-date information on charging stations in the UK. As Carwings an extra for the Leaf we have to pay for, don't you feel that Nissan should put more effort into updating the Charging stations on the map?

Does anybody else this way or am I the only one that feels like this.

Dan

·
Registered
431 Posts
CarWings as an extra isn't just the maps.

Personally I only ever charge at home, but I use the remote AC option of CarWings regularly, so for me I'm fine with what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
When is the last time you updated the data on your carwings? It seems to contain all the points I have visited in a past (not that many tbh but still there).

·
Dan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've updated stations and set it to remember station. I don't want it remember places I've visited, I want it to show all charging stations in the UK before having to visit them all. Its something Nissan need to work on.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Mine seems to be fine, and regularly updates. It does though seem that updates take a long time to come through, I suspeect that the problem is to do with the fragmented UK charger structure as all on-line and phone records are equally defective to varying degrees.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It's not just the missing charging points, it's the ones that it shows on there that no longer exist. Fortunately I've not been caught out with too little range to get to the next one before, but it's pretty bad driving round a car park looking for a post that isn't there any more. It doesn't help that the markers on the map are often some way from the actual charge point too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
One thing i did notice if i do Route planner from my pc, non of the services are listed , example York to Liverpool, i think just about every service station has a rapid charger, but from logging in on my pc and doing a rout to send to car not one is listed. I haven't done the trip in my leaf yet so don't know if they will show up on route. I have a 2013 gen 1 leaf so not sure if this makes a difference ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
In the South East I've found it to be fairly accurate and up-to-date, even showing a charging point that had only been there a few weeks.

What can be frustrating, is the locations are geographically correct, but not always correct in terms of road access- twice recently I've found the charging point is the other side of a fence and you have to drive round the long way to get to it!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It seems to work by having new charge points added quickly once Leaf drivers user them, but there is no mechanism for corrections or removal. On the south coast there are many chargers on Nissan's map that no longer exist or are inaccessible. Information of if the chargers are free or paid is highly unreliable too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I can remove the ones it adds or I add no problems at all. Not sure about the inbuilt ones though. I turned off the feature to remember stations I use, I find it better to add them as I use them, as the name it assigns is not always that good.

The Nissan route planner is total pants, its slow, does not contain hardly any charge points. Its a real let down and I have not used it to plot a successful journey even once.

I can't understand why there are no CHAdeMO at petrol stations, I can't help thinking that whilst people are charging for free, they won't invest. This subscription / free model is what is stopping charger install progress - and from the people I talk to, it also puts them off buying an electric car. They all smell a rat and think when we start to get charged to charge we are in for a screwing.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Decided I'm not going to have my pants pulled down with these ridiculously high charges, so have signed up as a customer with Ecotricity.

In my area it is less than 50p a week more expensive than my current provider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts