Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really know what is going on with Carwings/EV Connect to be honest. I just logged onto the website to use it just now and got his message:

Enjoy one more year of CARWINGS totally free
Your CARWINGS free services have ended. However, we want you to continue enjoying your connected experience and are offering you a one year extension free of charge. The renewal is automatic, so there's no need for you to do anything in order to continue enjoying your CARWINGS services.

Your Initial end date: 21/07/2017

Period extension: 12 months

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the only way they could make any money from it is buy doing a Radiohead and asking you to donate what you think the service is worth. I'd give them zero, or £0.01 if they did that.

Not sure if this is specific to me? I happen to have been registered with Carwings for 3 years anniversary on more or less that end date. But maybe that is coincidence and everyone is getting that message?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just signed in to check and didn't see any message. Maybe it's time dependant, or maybe they are just testing the reaction from a subset of users. I know what my reaction would be if they started to charge for it, big fat no! Would have to be much quicker to update, and work much more reliably if they want cash to use it.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I am talking rubbish. I haven't been registered for 3 years with Carwings, I created my account about 26 months ago I reckon. It is my car that is just over 3 years old (bought an ex demo), maybe that has something to do with it, who knows.

Could be something to do with website use also, not many seem to use the website and I feel like a dinosaur. Most seem to be using the smart app equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts