Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm a new Leaf owner having got my 66 plate Acenta 24kWh on the 28th September. It has taken me until 5th October to get the connected services activated on the Nissan side but now the car itself wont connect.

All I get is a car icon with a red line through it, and nothing else. The website services wont connect and neither will the app. The guy at the dealership says he's going to talk to the senior tech but he's on holiday for a couple of weeks and if I'm honest I'm pretty disappointed by the trouble with it.

If someone knows what I need to do, or why It won't work I'd be very grateful.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Try talking to Nissan directly via the website.
Using their text chat on the website works pretty well.
They'll walk you through the diagnosis and let you know what to do next.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
All I get is a car icon with a red line through it, and nothing else
The TCU has not been activated and needs enabled by the dealership workshop. This is a sad affair when they (the sales person) can not ensure the systems are all working. I always ensured that all my LEAF's on handover connected to Carwings and their phone app also worked and giving a demonstration of those services.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm a new Leaf owner having got my 66 plate Acenta 24kWh on the 28th September. It has taken me until 5th October to get the connected services activated on the Nissan side but now the car itself wont connect.

All I get is a car icon with a red line through it, and nothing else. The website services wont connect and neither will the app. The guy at the dealership says he's going to talk to the senior tech but he's on holiday for a couple of weeks and if I'm honest I'm pretty disappointed by the trouble with it.

If someone knows what I need to do, or why It won't work I'd be very grateful.
There's a CarWings sticky post here: CarWings

Get in touch with CarWings directly as they sorted out all my problems when I purchased my used Leaf.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This happened to me as well, be aware there is a recall on 'a module' for connected services, I had mine swapped, then talked to Nissan customer services direct and after a few weeks it started working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts