Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a number of issues now (perhaps 1 in 5 times) where I've tried to switch on climate remotely. This has been confirmed by the app, and the flashing led/blowers in car, but only cold air has blowed not warm air. This happened again this morning.

When I get in and turn the car on the heater does engage -- high power usage as the water is heated up, then warm air after a couple of minutes. normal behaviour. Heat hasn't failed when turned on manually in this way

I have a May 2011 built Mk.1 . I had a couple of occasions leading up to my April 2014 service where heat stopped working during travel. I know the dealer swapped something "expensive" (electronic, it wasn't any kind of pump/piping issue)... that issue hasn't reoccurred

Anyone else had similar to this ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It might be relevant in some way, but I have noticed that I cant have the heater on when Quick Charging my Mk 1 Leaf - get cold air and no power drawn by it, which is a shame on a cold winter morning at the motorway services. Perhaps its to force you inside for an expensive capucchino. I have not had a problem getting the heater on through Car Wings on the home charger - as long as it can connect to the car, which is not aways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts