Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be a proud owner of an EV tomorrow - very excited!!
A 'newish' retail park opened a few years ago at Castlegate, Dudley, including a Burger King, Costa, KFC and a new pub (can't remember the name).
On the car park, there are a number of charging ports which I have never seen used by anyone. The LEDs are lit up and the screen is on. On further inspection, they have ChargePoint logo displayed on the top. I've been on their website and downloaded the app but the chargers are not added. I've also downloaded other apps, such as Zap-Map etc.and they are not displayed.
Clearly, I will try them out over the next few weeks but wondered if anyone else has tried these charges? Are they up and running?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The Chargepoint units generally take contactless credit card too, so that's what I would personally be trying with. They often start off in free vend mode, and then get added to the network at a later date. Only then will they show up in the Chargepoint app.

Have you checked on Plugshare? You'll generally find that's the first place that chargers tend to appear. People often add locations "coming soon" as soon as planning permission is granted over there.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
Are you talking about the ones that described as "Premier Inn, Castlegate" with a postcode of DY1 4RH? If so these don't appear on the BP Pulse map but do appear if you search using the name or nearest chargepoint search.

·
Registered
22 Posts
BP-2210 is the charger name.
It shows on zap map app as 2 x 3kw chargers.
Pay by bp pulse app or access card.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
Typical BP Pulse. How far did you get with them, are they powered up and did you call BP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are all powered up, lights on and display screen working. Used the app but it cannot find the chargers. Tried all 3 on the car park and none of them were found when entering the charging point numbers.
Have not contacted BP. Will have a look how to do this via the app later.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
If you phone them they can normally help.

One is currently showing on the App as charging:

Interesting to note that it has a yellow pin - I suspect that this means that they are not routinely displayed on the App. But by using the number displayed (only four digits) it was ready to initiate a charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts