Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Planning a long-ish trip for the half term break.

I'm using Zap Map to search for potential "Rapid" charging points along my route.

I presume as a 2019 eGolf owner I can take advantage of all the CCS options, that Zap Map lists, i.e.

CCS 50kw, CCS 100kw, CCS 150kw, CCS 350kw, CCS 25kw - i.e. are there any of these I can't use if I stopped off to charge??

Thanks a lot
Bryan

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Hi guys

Planning a long-ish trip for the half term break.

I'm using Zap Map to search for potential "Rapid" charging points along my route.

I presume as a 2019 eGolf owner I can take advantage of all the CCS options, that Zap Map lists, i.e.

CCS 50kw, CCS 100kw, CCS 150kw, CCS 350kw, CCS 25kw - i.e. are there any of these I can't use if I stopped off to charge??

Thanks a lot
Bryan
Combine that research with ABetterRoutePlanner and you should be set.

e-golf should be able to use all CCS chargers, with the max rate of 40 or 43kW.

Reactions: Bryski

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
740 Posts
I advise you to filter out ecotricty. Unreliable

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,296 Posts
I wouldn’t put too much faith in Ionity either. If they work at all, it’ll be high 20’s charge rate wise, better than nothing but you can do better elsewhere.

I always filter for Instavolt first, and go from there.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
528 Posts
Instavolt get a lot of love round here, and it's totally justified. Simple, reliable, quick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only have a Polar card, and they are pretty solid aren't they. I wish all the providers, whoever they are e.g. Ecotricity etc etc, would offer a debit card option too. The multiple subscriptions cards is ridiculous!

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
528 Posts
The government says they will all offer contactless before long. Instavolt already do, as do several others.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The law says they will all offer contactless before long. Instavolt already do, as do several others.
Thanks @mrdr_ev - what's the best way of finding out which providers concretely offer contactless at all their locations? I assume Instavolt offer at all locations. Is it a case of emailing each provider and saying, do you offer contactless?

Zapmap, which I use usually flags a location by provider e.g. Ecotricity, Polar etc, but not always sure it is showing whether it is ALSO a contactless debit/credit card option....

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
528 Posts
I thought Zapmap showed payment methods for each charge point? I accept that this info may be patchy though because not all the networks report their locations and capabilities themselves, a lot of locations are in zap-map via user contributions. The auto-reported sites in Zap-Map show live availability data too, so you should be pretty confident their data will be accurate.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Zapmap, which I use usually flags a location by provider e.g. Ecotricity, Polar etc, but not always sure it is showing whether it is ALSO a contactless debit/credit card option....
Should be available in the "Info" tab for all chargers on Zap-Map.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,480 Posts
on the desktop zap map I can see filters / payment / contactless

that option is just above the one saying free to use , which is a very helpful filer choice !!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you use WattsUp to plan a route then choose overview it shows which ones take contactless.

Screenshot_20201012-122740.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts