Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the RHD version of the model s may have a slightly different shaped center console to the LHD?

I would be interested to know what owners are doing, if anything, to organise stuff they put in the center console.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I understand that the RHD version of the model s may have a slightly different shaped center console to the LHD?

I would be interested to know what owners are doing, if anything, to organise stuff they put in the center console.
TBH not putting anything in the car.

I've found anything in the cubby below the screen flies out when you press the "Go Pedal", and anything in the main bit just looks untidy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If (when?) I get a Model S, if they've not provided a factory installed solution, I would be asking the same questions @JimboJonesUK.

Have you identified a product you're interested in? Personally, I'd email or call the manufacturer and ask them directly.

See what they say. Let us know. :) Or is this purely hypothetical at this point?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Tesla sell one, which is fitted by the SC. You can find it in the online store. Get yourself on the waiting list if you think you might want it by emailing them. They will confirm with you when they get stock. Don't hold your breath :)

·
Likes talking about cars
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would have to wait for a RHD premium console, if I'm right in thinking the space is slightly different.

Was looking around for alternatives, thought about a old s-class rear arm rest or something similar, has cup holders and lifts up to store items. Not sure of the dimension about the above though.

Would be looking for something which has a cover, ideally roll top with some compartments.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The console is universal. The difference between LHD and RHD center area is the angle of the screen in relation to the driver, not the storage area.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
By some remarkable coincidence, Tesla have just emailed to say that the centre console I ordered many months ago is about to be shipped to the SC, who will then contact me to arrange installation. Will post pics once it's installed. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I did ask about ordering one from the US but was told it would not fit a RHD car and we would have to wait for the correct part

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do we have a RHD version for the centre console yet in the UK?
please do update the link or who has had this setup.
I am planning to do for mine.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It's seems a very expensive way to hold your phone and sun glasses.
Does it have a section for CDs?:LOL:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It has (adjustable) covered storage for 2 coffee cups/bottles of vodka/guns (US version)/whatever and a cover which flips around to become a phone mount with charger & a key/coin tray. Finished in leather and stitched to match the rest of the car (post April 2014).

Sunglasses go in the usual spot under the 17" screen ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Everyone has their own preferences of course. But how do you charge your phone without it skidding about the yacht floor? As for storage of other items, I can't remember how big the glove compartment is - is it large enough?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Everyone has their own preferences of course. But how do you charge your phone without it skidding about the yacht floor? As for storage of other items, I can't remember how big the glove compartment is - is it large enough?
The glove compartment is not huge, but it's perfectly usable especially since there are no paper manuals, log books etc. Ours has sunglasses cases, a 500ml bottle of water, an iPad mini, a seatbelt extender, some tissues and window wipes and the obligatory French hi viz jackets in there with no problem.

As for charging... I generally keep my phone in my pocket when driving, and only need to charge it on the road if we're on a major cross-country itinerary anyway, in which case the yacht floor is inevitably full of other detritus.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts