Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per my other thread looks like my dealer will be in a position to deliver this coming week.
Back a few months ago one of the raft of possible add ons was ceramic paint treatment for £400.
Whilst I am aware thats expensive I'm inclined to go for it rather than (especially in these times) try and hunt around to save £100 or so.

But does it work? is it worth it? Anyone had it done, wished they hadnt botered, or vice-versa?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Absolutely don't let the dealer do it. Find a reputable detailer and get a new car prep quote. Should be less than £400.

As to whether it's worth it, depends how fussy you are and what your expectations are. It will make it easier to clean, which will reduce the chances of scratches. But you still have to go through the usual wash practices to minimise it.

If you don't really care and will just get it washed for £5 at the local car wash, then probably not worth worrying about....!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Picking my Soul EV next week.
Never let the dealer do it. They generally offer "paint protection" for around £300.
The stuff they use typically costs £20 and is applied by the job experience schoolboy round the back.
But a £250 profit margin.....wonder why they push it.
I have used Gtechiq crystal serum on my last two cars costing about £500 a go from a Gtechniq dealer.
I think it is worth it - makes washing basically a rinse job.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
57 Posts
Probably too late now but I've used PP Protect in Derbyshire on my last 3 cars: they do travel because they also do planes and boats as well. They did my Tesla and T6 VW Transporter 3 years ago. Still in great shape today when you wash it. Well worth it.

They've quoted me £399 external and interior £99.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts