Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of an up to date map of chademo outlets in france. so far I've found bad links, out of date maps, sites which list loads of charging points but make it difficult to browse chademo along routes....

·
Banned
558 Posts
Is anyone aware of an up to date map of chademo outlets in france.
This map is from the CHAdeMO Association - but (in their own admission) it does not tell you anything about availability, or need for RFID to access the points.
There are plenty of Renault Type 3 points giving 22kw - but strictly garage hours. Also they are invariably out of own, so there is often no possibility to combine with a tourist outing!
We need more explorers to go France/Belgium and report back?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it all seems rather sketchy. There's some reference to nissan funding more chargers in supermarkets - not rolled out yet, and around 50 outside the nissan dealer network, but looks like smart cards are required. cheap/free from nissan, then PAYG

My thought was a) whether to go to le mans this year (I've already committed to pay camping) b) how to get there

Comparing chademo lack of info/reliability & ferry costs (for 1) with TGV/eurostar I can see how I'd be most likely to get there albeit a bit heavy loaded. ummm. but £55 (from london, +10 from parents) to get there on the train (one way). Ummm.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Sorry, I don't understand what your issue is - you clearly can't do the trip on CHAdeMO alone, but you have ports within 100 miles and it should not be a problem to get that one extra charge from a Type 2 or Type 3?
You've got to start with the premise that "I'm going to do it" and then look for the most efficient route.
Camp sites often have Commando 16 Amp and you can make a adaptor for <£10 to use with the 'brick'.
If you wan to borrow a Type 3/ J1772 cable - then I will let you have it (for the duration) - for a donation to Help-for-Heroes?
However - I need it from 27 May to 15 Jun. I'll be doing Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France in those 2 1/2 weeks!
Le Mans should be well within your 'comfort zone'!
The money save on petrol will pay for a lot of Moules/Frites!

Reactions: John2

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first thought was to check what chademo exists as for a relatively short journey that's the easiest. Le Havre and Le Mans I think are covered less sure in between -- so knowing which maps were helpful was really the main initial thing. Good point about the type 3 -- not something I've come across in the UK.

I do have a commando/16A adapter.

My going to do it trip is next week up to newcastle and back - I was tempted to head up to edinburgh too but have other commitments . That's perhaps for another day.

TBH for le mans the cost is a factor. for an event (single location) the train is probably the most logical, cheapest, and greenest option.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts