Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chademo stuck in EV Nissan Leaf. Hi, forum newbie here! At Helensburgh car park charge place in Scotland and Chademo stuck in EV. Tried to release it but completely stuck. Rang help desk and they are trying to find engineer but Bank Holiday. Any ideas? Thought? Thought screwdriver to force it out but afraid of damaging socket. Thanks

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
723 Posts
Bit more info might help someone suggest an answer, what company make rapid is it, has it completed charge or did you stop it?
Have you tried activating & deactivating charge again?
I know when I use a fast charger I sometimes have to push conector in b4 the locking pin will retract & i can pull cable out..

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don’t know which are which but on the old style chademo’s you’ve to press/push one lever whilst squeezing the other.

I’ve had the fortune not to meet one so can’t be more specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,242 Posts
Those old ones are a sod to get out. I had no end of bother with one once. Wrestled it on and then had to wrestle it off again.

Make sure car has stopped charging. Unlocking the car and pushing the open charge flap button usually stops most.

I think it ends up being two handed as you end up mauling the lever and top button at the same time. I can't remember how I got mine free. I just pushed and pulled everything around until it let go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Actually it constantly goes wrong apparently... pressing the emergency button did it but that was round the back so took awhile to find it! Meantime someone else came along after and she had same prob. Spoke to HQ and they say machine doesn’t communicate to them properly; engineer says it’s worst in area. So, now I know! Quirky things ... stay away from this one. No label as to make etc ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts