Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, after a bit if guide steer on this, so 1 year into Tesla ownershi. Love it love it. However considering family car restructure so trade M3 for Pug 208 gt, Mrs has Kia sportage, so with surplus funds and Kia get 2015 Onwards Renault Zoe R41. Decent range only really do local jaunts. What I’d really like to know is the pros and cons of any e208 owner and if anyone has done such a change?
many thanks.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Hmmm. That's Zoe 22 kWh territory. Not sure if that does the job?

Personally I have always enjoyed the Zoe as a little runabout.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm. That's Zoe 22 kWh territory. Not sure if that does the job?

Personally I have always enjoyed the Zoe as a little runabout.
Yeah too right, like the looks of r41? spied one for 14k but wasn’t sure if battery was bought or leased, seemed kind of cheap. Will see how my test drive goes on Pug before I do anything . 🤓 Cheers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I drive Model 3 and wife now has e208GT ( 1 month old ) . I love driving the Pug but a lot of frustrating things if you are moving from the Tesla . App is light years behind the Tesla for functionality . It is very basic .

Also don't like the fact that you can't set your charge limit so , unless you remember to stop it , it will charge to 100% every time . Regen is not as good , I am so used to Model 3 bringing me to a stop and applying handbrake but the e208 can't manage that level .

However , I love the small steering wheel and it is good fun . Feels very modern inside and sound system is pretty good .

However I do have a few gremlins with software but then again I think that's every modern car nowadays

Hope that helps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply @prontouk hmm, what’s the range like? The spec seems pretty decent, obvs not as quick and a few more buttons! Interesting to hear the take on very modern! Surely the paint is better than tesla! Cheers appreciate the info. 😊

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,025 Posts
Also don't like the fact that you can't set your charge limit so , unless you remember to stop it , it will charge to 100% every time .
Why’s that an issue? I thought current view is that charging to 100% is a problem. Top buffer protects battery. The 50kWh Pug battery is only 46kWh usable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why’s that an issue? I thought current view is that charging to 100% is a problem. Top buffer protects battery. The 50kWh Pug battery is only 46kWh usable.
Maybe it's my Tesla upbringing. Tended to keep it at 80% . Also at 100% regen is not available as no room for it .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the reply @prontouk hmm, what’s the range like? The spec seems pretty decent, obvs not as quick and a few more buttons! Interesting to hear the take on very modern! Surely the paint is better than tesla! Cheers appreciate the info.
No idea personally about range as we haven't been far yet but seems to be around 180 miles is fair prediction with varied driving . It's nippy off the mark up to about 50mph then tails off .

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Maybe it's my Tesla upbringing. Tended to keep it at 80% . Also at 100% regen is not available as no room for it .

But then it’s not a Tesla and has a different battery design and BMS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’m aspiring to transition the other way... currently 3 months into my e208 GT ownership. My first foray into EV land but hope to get and M3 at some point.
In terms of the e208, although I’ve not used Tesla app or infotainment, from YouTube vids and the like, Tesla wins hands down. If you expect things to work seamlessly then you will be disappointed with the Peugeot.
Range wise, 180 miles this time of year is realistic. There’s a thread in the Pug section with more info on that. I did 140 miles last week and had 55 left on the GOM.
Spec is good, looks inside and out are great too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks @Chico208 well that gives me some good informatio, appreciate that. Tesla app and Netflix YouTube is pretty slick. Well I’m test driving 1 tomorrow afternoon. Also lining up egolf with heat pump and decent spec, used demo, only registered last week cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice, actually was much lighte/nimble than my model 3, interior laid out nicely, not used to a gearstick though! Or a handbrake. After a drive in eco fired into sports mode, range didn’t change gradually and then 5 miles was gone, it’s a feisty good looking and well thought out car. Took me a while to fathom the air con as the 1 button was max air con which fair blasted out.

things I didn’t like was no granny charger! Guy said would cost £800! What on earth. typical sales guy an it’s not really needed blah blah. Well mate we have just returned from a caravan holiday in our ev and did use oddly enough granny charger. Zut Alors. Also I felt some parts felt flimsy, the charge port and some internal plastics. Then garage guy says when I return from test drive oh btw my manager says we lease these cars from peugeot and today it goes up 1k however if you want it at this price. Never heard such sugar honey ice tea in my life.

overall I’d give it 7.5 outta 10. The one factor (even though 3 teenagers don’t come with Mrs C and myself) is the size of the back and space in the rear, if we just had a dog or 1 child perfect) !

so on that basis I’ll be sticking with the M3..............although I am test driving an egolf ex demo at lunch, registered last week, silver, heat pump and active display. I had a golf gte so will be interested to see what the egolf is like. 👍🤓

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's a decent review and compares with my experience .

Regarding "granny charger" , word is Screwfix are selling one for £138 . No idea why Peugeot don't include it with new car .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts