Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who knows; but that's not the point - it may be that the Nexo has always been their alt-fuel spearhead and I just haven't noticed - but they don't list the Kona EV as a new car now, plus the ioniq is only getting a smallish battery upgrade - I'm just wondering if these are signs of something rather than just "facts"

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
It’s been around for a while.

The point is if you can’t buy one no-one is going to be able to drive it. Hence it’s a thought experiment.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
I give up - I don't care wether the Nexo is CGI, what I'm asking is wether Hyundai are possibly indicating a change over to pushing Fuel Cell a la toyota in the future rather than improving BEV
Interesting you mention CGI, as it’s not a real product that will ever be offered to the masses.

They build them because they get government money to do so.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I give up - I don't care wether the Nexo is CGI, what I'm asking is wether Hyundai are possibly indicating a change over to pushing Fuel Cell a la toyota in the future rather than improving BEV
Insofar as I remember Hyundai had fuel cell demonstators for longer than they have had EVs on the the market, so if anything the change in direction for them is the Ioniq and Kona

1 - 8 of 8 Posts