Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Tesla. I'll be getting £200 knocked off the price for the parcel shelf which is now included. Nice.

However, there is not going to be a mobile charging adapter for the UK.

Instead, we are now going to get the Type 2 cable for free, and are being referred to chargemaster to get one of the free home charging stations installed.

I tried to squeeze some info regarding supercharger locations, but all I am getting is that they are on the ground and rolling out the network "aggressively".

And finally, I pressed for info on the CHAdeMO adapters. Apparently, they are on back order in the US. Once they have managed to fulfil all the back orders in North America, then they will be available again.

Now I have to rethink my decision on dual chargers. I still have some time to decide before my car is due to hit the production line. Hmmmm.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
No 13amp plug EVSE? That sounds a bit Nissan :)

Here, have a £150 cable for free, now find somewhere else to buy the £500 EVSE. kthxbai.

If anyone wants to try the BMW portable Type-2 EVSE as an alternative I'm sure we can arrange it. I can also recommend the BMW 'wallbox' - it's a big beast but has a nice slinky cable. I have no idea why they fitted a cupboard to it though. I suppose it's somewhere to store your shampoo and conditioner once it gets recycled as a bathroom cabinet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@Kevin Sharpe Is the Tesla CHAdeMO gender changer / adapter now allowed to be sold and used in the UK?

If these are now allowed... who's going to be the first to make a CHAdeMO to CCS adapter ;-)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the sensible option. I think a Type 2 is going to be easier to find than the little blue commando when you are out and about - and am I correct that if I do change to the dual charger config, then the same Type 2 cable can be used for ecotricity rapid AC chargers up to 22kWh?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
You can charge on the ecotricity rapids with a single charger at 11kw, and you don't need a cable as its tethered to the charger like the CHAdeMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts