Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed an rolec smart home charger to my property (i am a qualified Electrician) paid the full price for unit from whole sailer . Some how i ended up with a type 2 tethered lead unit instead of a type 1 and believed this to be the correct option a duly installed it. On arrival of my new Nissan van e-nv200 only to find its a type 1 Gun lead required. OOPs i now have a new type one lead but the question is the out going lead had one black monitoring wire in black with the grey cut away the type 1 lead has both black and grey black indented CP and grey idented PP. I do hope its straightforward as removing the grey and connecting the black as the old installed lead.
When ordering from rolec at the wholesaler they were told of mixup and correct type 1 lead ordered etc. there was no mention of any possible difficulties and they seem poor to deal with.I will try them tomorrow but hold little hope of information.
Please help with advice if possible
My van has only done 80 miles and at resent using the granny charger

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
cp is the lead needed. If you open the plug or do a continuity check you will find PP is not connected, only the CP. Google type 1 pinout.
or look here (scroll down) type 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply so i just need to isolate the end or cut it away as the other lead and connect the black cp lead to where the type two black unmarked cable went to in the mode 3 controller acse0021 cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts