Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all this is my first time ever posting on here! My name is Mitchell, and I have a 2016 SL w/premium package and was wondering if anyone at all has tried to change the interior button lights like on the head-unit, window switches, and power button from orange to like white or blue? Also has anyone tried painting the glossy black interior trim pieces to something else or even fully removed the trim pieces and had them professionally wrapped?

I don't plan on getting rid of this car as this will honestly probably be the first car I actually pay off lol. It has truly been the most reliable car I have ever owned besides the disappointment in Nissan with the battery. In case anyone even gives a crap I am 24 and have such a new car fetish I usually roll over into another brand new car every year. I've had 3 brand new cars within 2 years (stupid I know) but I think it would actually be kind of dope to customize this car how I would like and pay it off. I see this car in the future being kind of a nostalgic keepsake knowing I was an early adopter and purchased a first-gen electric car.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't know about the dash lights, but the buttons on the doors are lit with common white led's. The colour comes from the button itself which seems to have the "tint" built in to it at the manufacturing stage. I don't think it could be changed, although I never studied it for that purpose.

There's a Russian guy who added led's to the lock/unlock switches. If you watch his video, you can see how it comes apart and goes together. There's a few close up shots of the inside of the buttons.

Thanks to @Hermit Dave for posting this in another thread.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The switch leds are part of the circuit board within the switch - i guess you could swap them for a different kelvin led , but whether you could counteract the colour within the switch surface itself is unlikely.

Interior trim such as the centre transmission console were available from Nissan dealers in blue as an accessory, not sure about other colour.

From those owners who have had to remove this part for other mods, it doesnt seem too difficult, a decent wrap shop should cope easily. The door / switch trims pull out from the rear (widest) edge so they are easy enough to remove. The central upper console might be the most awkward to remove, although again its probably just a case of finding the right sequence and fixings.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've toyed with the idea of Hydro dipping them. Easy for me though because I have all the equipment. Choosing pattern and colour is the hardest part.

That blue looks nice and it's very easy to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts