Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You have to wonder why Kia even bother. "Look at our lovely Niro... Well, no, you can't have one until late next year, and it will be a different model..."

·
Registered
142 Posts
You have to wonder why Kia even bother. "Look at our lovely Niro... Well, no, you can't have one until late next year, and it will be a different model..."
Or is it more like..."Look at our lovely Niro...if you like it, there is an even better version for you next year. So place your booking now and don't bother to look elsewhere."

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Could find an ultra bright LED festoon? It’s a 2 minute job to switch it out
I'm presuming there is no opposing blank on the other side of the boot for another light fitting? From memory the LHD cars had the same light position.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm presuming there is no opposing blank on the other side of the boot for another light fitting? From memory the LHD cars had the same light position.
I had a look round the boot, but there weren't any blanks or slots where other lights could be fitted (or might have been optional in other models).

·
Registered
112 Posts
eBay item numbers 282000687458 and 153468984635
Bought these but found the festoons for the vanity mirrors too big. The originals seem to have a slot nose and there's not enough wiggle room to get the LEDs to fit. I have ordered a pair of 29mm ones to see if they fit 🤞

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought these but found the festoons for the vanity mirrors too big. The originals seem to have a slot nose and there's not enough wiggle room to get the LEDs to fit. I have ordered a pair of 29mm ones to see if they fit 🤞
I've just got to the same place you did.. Can you share what you ordered and if they worked?
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, thats the same as the original. Its claiming that the 31mm festoons are suitable for the vanity lights but they are a VERY tight fit (ie bending the metal mounts out of shape)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've just got to the same place you did.. Can you share what you ordered and if they worked?
Cheers
Paul
Sorry just noticed this question. I bought 2x 28mm ones from eBay, item 352730273915

They fit nicely and work perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello all. One of the things I want to change with my e-Niro is the standard bulbs on all the interior lights (2 x visor lights, 1 x middle back ceiling light and 2 x front ceiling lights (did I miss any?)). Has anyone done this already and therefore know which sized bulbs to order? I'll be going to LED, obviously. If nobody has, I'll pop the light covers off some point this week and post the measurements on here.
I was told by 2 Kia dealerships that this will invalidate your warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had ordered the complete pack before delivery. My dealer kindly fitted them for me. So I had the interior LEDs from the day of purchase.
Pack Full LED interior for Kia Niro

If you choose the 'white' bulbs, the colour temperature is same as the door handle LED.

Just don't add the glovebox bulb. I didn't know before purchasing the car that there is no light in the glovebox. It must be available on the HEV/PHEV and hence it showed up in the pack.

You could purchase the individual bulbs from elsewhere. Hopefully the photograph I attached earlier will give you the bulb sizes.
Which dealership as I have been refused by 2 dealerships. Told it would invalidate warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told by 2 Kia dealerships that this will invalidate your warranty.
The problem with this is "will". If there is an electrical fault on the 12v circuits then they "may" be within their rights to have you return it to factory spec before the carry out diagnosis and repair under warranty.

eg If the brake calipers fail, they aren't going to be able point to your LED internal light bulbs and refuse to fix the calipers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The owner's manual tells you how to change the bulbs, what type and what voltage to use. Nowhere does it say they must be incandescent bulbs, nor that a dealer must fit them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Plus in post #5 GEM states his dealer fitted his LEDs for him

21 - 36 of 36 Posts