Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody changed rear bulbs? Followed the manual but there is no way I can unscrew long plastic bit holding the light. Same situation on both left and right rear light. Do not want to break it. Any advice?

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
554 Posts
Use a screwdriver with a large flat blade to start it to turn. It then comes off as described. I didn't tighten it as much putting it back. I guess they use a power tool at the factory at too high a torque.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a screwdriver with a large flat blade to start it to turn. It then comes off as described. I didn't tighten it as much putting it back. I guess they use a power tool at the factory at too high a torque.
Will try. Thanks.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
Only mildly related: note that the tail lights are LEDs, integrated in the fixture. Brake and Indicator lights are standard, though bulb-colored tungsten bulbs. A bit of a bummer if you finally got it out and then note you don't have that colored bulb at hand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the reason for change. Looking to fit Osram Diadem bulbs, they have blueish / rainbow tint that matches the lights, but light emitted is amber or red. Have changed front indicators and car looks very nice from the front without orange colour.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm having problems unscrewing the light cluster long plastic screw andybody any clues for the ZE40

·
Registered
375 Posts
A bit of brute force and it has unscrewed.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,935 Posts
That is the reason for change. Looking to fit Osram Diadem bulbs, they have blueish / rainbow tint that matches the lights, but light emitted is amber or red. Have changed front indicators and car looks very nice from the front without orange colour.
Whats wrong with silvered bulbs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts