Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

What's the drill for adjusting the throw of the headlights so as not to dazzle oncoming drivers when taking the Model S across the channel?

Thanks in advance!

Nikko

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've not been abroad with the car but the general consensus from those who have is that... you don't have to do anything. Something to do with the throw being OK for left and right-had driving with no adjustment

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Wow, you learn something new every day - I didn't know you could do this.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Thread revival... does anyone know if this is still the case with the new LED lights?

·
Registered
234 Posts
We did get a few French drivers flashing us at night when driving in France last year. Not sure if that's because the beam needs to be adjusted for continental or whether the Tesla's LEDs are just brighter than they're used to.

This was on a coil-spring facelift 90D with LEDs, and two adult passengers in the back!

·
Registered
780 Posts
We drove extensively in the Netherlands and Germany last December with LED lights on almost all the time. No problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm just back from 2 weeks in France and had no problem with the lights. I did buy the deflector stick-on things from Halfords but I have to say reading the instruction booklet was so confusing I just did nothing and no negative shrugs from the other side of the road over 3,200 miles. If you are going into big cities make sure you get the emissions certificate in advance although there seems no need in rural France.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see ChargeMap have just announced their card (£13) gives access to several charging networks. It sounds a great idea rather than faffing around with lots of cards and still not being sure if a station will accept your car for charge. However I note they do not include Kiwhi and Sodetrel, two of the biggest players in France, and that's a shame but at least it is going in the right direction.
Incidentally my car was one of those with doubtful brake callipers and they stuck on 3 times in the over 38 degree heat so get them changed before embarking on a long journey.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I see ChargeMap have just announced their card (£13) gives access to several charging networks. It sounds a great idea rather than faffing around with lots of cards and still not being sure if a station will accept your car for charge. However I note they do not include Kiwhi and Sodetrel, two of the biggest players in France, and that's a shame but at least it is going in the right direction.
Thanks, was not aware of ChargeMap's card, a move in the right direction indeed!

Incidentally my car was one of those with doubtful brake callipers and they stuck on 3 times in the over 38 degree heat so get them changed before embarking on a long journey.
Good point!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

What's the drill for adjusting the throw of the headlights so as not to dazzle oncoming drivers when taking the Model S across the channel?

Thanks in advance!

Nikko
Hi guys
I am planning to travel to Europe France and Belgium soon. I have Model 3 do I need to adjust the headlights as I have mixed messages !! Please help.
thanks

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
No need to adjust on a Tesla.
~2017 MX - however there is forever disagreement about this and Tesla does not help themselves about it, it does not help that I get different answers from different staff at the same site, minutes apart:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts