Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Charge cable locked.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Hitstirrer 
#1 ·
Hi there. Took delivery of our first ev, Kia Soul 30/33kWh, 2018. Love the car but during our Zappi installation had to use the emergency charge cable release a couple of times. A few days later, plugged in but within a minute, charging stopped! Luckily, after releasing the charge cable, the flimsy little plastic thing sheered off!
(Read somewhere of a metal release but not this one) Anyway. As a result I’m not really using the car until Kia can replace the part. So. Not sure if l dare plug in at home lest it locks and, well, I’m stuffed! Zappi assured me that the charger does not lock the car end. Thinking that if l don’t lock the car that the cable won’t lock in? Not 100% confident though.
I’ve since realised that the previous owners programmed a timer that had not been cancelled by the dealer. Perhaps........?

#2 ·
If it's a recurring problem perhaps following this kind of solution is a way forwards. Just amending the car end instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.