Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
That doesn’t help when you don’t have a drive or are trying to plug into a charger when you are away from home.

I‘m sure I am not the first person to arrive at a charge station and be surprised that I need a “special” cable to use it that was not supplied with the car. In the first week of owning an EV I tried 5 charge stations 4 needed a type 2 cable and one was a CCS...which was not working.

I assumed there would be a lot more tethered cables, but until there is really all manufacturers should provide one with the car.
Then you should have done your homework before buying an ev.There are lots of ev,s out there that don't come with a main cable Peugeots dont come with a home charge cable so if you haven't got a wall box you can't trickle charge at home.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Then you should have done your homework before buying an ev.There are lots of ev,s out there that don't come with a main cable Peugeots dont come with a home charge cable so if you haven't got a wall box you can't trickle charge at home.
Not particularly impressed how fighty this forum is becoming. It should be a place to ask questions, no matter how elementary they may seem. For some, the asking of questions to others is the way they do their research so lay off them. Never have a go at someone for asking questions or they stop asking. To question is the fundamental building block of enquiry. If you don't have anything positive or helpful to contribute don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,872 Posts
Graham, 18 months ago I left this forum because of the number of people telling me in a very aggressive fashion I had bought the wrong car as the charging networks were supposedly dropping AC charging to stop the PHEVs charging. I've recently returned because I was interested to find out about the MG EV.

We really need to remember that people are on here to learn, not to be told that they should do their research. Those of us in the know are that source for research.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Graham, 18 months ago I left this forum because of the number of people telling me in a very aggressive fashion I had bought the wrong car as the charging networks were supposedly dropping AC charging to stop the PHEVs charging. I've recently returned because I was interested to find out about the MG EV.

We really need to remember that people are on here to learn, not to be told that they should do their research. Those of us in the know are that source for research.
Im sorry you took my post the wrong way,I wasn't being aggressive I'm a newbie too ive only had mine three week's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Haha no offence taken. I actually did so much research as I was worried my wife would be put off as she doesn’t like change and i think a lot of EV owners do tend to before they take plunge.

Its really hard to know what the reality is without owning an EV. Some things that concern you are not a problem at all but there have been a few surprises along the way, mostly pleasant which is good.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
As the drive towards new EV drivers are quickly increasing ( thank goodness ) then the new or potential new owners, are going to have a LOT of questions that need answering.
In a lot of cases, these answers can not be supplied by the main dealer network.
How many times have we heard this statement from the sales people :-
"You appear to know more about these car than I do".
Therefore, folks turn to great forums like this to provide help and guidance.
It is inevitable that the same questions are going to keep cropping up over and over again, its par for the course.
It all appears simple when you know the answers, but prior to that you feel very isolated and the panic starts to set in !.
Not helped by the fact that your partner senses your frustration and anger and then starts to preach :-
"I told you not to buy an electric car, what are we going to do now".
If you willing to spend the time, and can offer help to others, then do so.
But if buy responding to similar questions makes you feel frustrated and aggressive, then don't both is my simple advice.
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all !.
There is plenty of sick people in hospital right now, that would jump at the chance to help somebody else.
Be nice, it's one of the very FEW things that does not cost anything any more.
Take good care folks ;) .

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,872 Posts
"You appear to know more about these car than I do".
When I bought my first Zoe I was offered a job. Having been retired for so long and at that point paying no tax, I turned them down.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
When I bought my first Zoe I was offered a job. Having been retired for so long and at that point paying no tax, I turned them down.
That does not shock me at all !.
A LOT of members from this forum would make fantastic EV sales people !.
If you are interested in a subject, your desire for knowledge drives you forward.
Some the present established sales people, are still some how convinced that EV's are still a "flash in the pan" or a passing trend that will not last.
Therefore they have no interest in learning about the technology.
"Let somebody else learn about that lot" - appears to be the attitude I receive.
A lot of them will even actively try and discourage people from buying EV's !.
Sad, but true.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,872 Posts
My dealer for the MG was under the impression that the EZS would 'steer itself at low speeds'. I told him to take his Demo around the local ring road and test it out at 70 mph. He rang me the next day full of enthusiasm!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
My dealer for the MG was under the impression that the EZS would 'steer itself at low speeds'. I told him to take his Demo around the local ring road and test it out at 70 mph. He rang me the next day full of enthusiasm!
I guess we have to remember that some of these people could have been selling electrical appliances or new kitchens prior to selling cars !.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,872 Posts
I guess we have to remember that some of these people could have been selling electrical appliances or new kitchens prior to selling cars !.
I do know what he was before, but, for anonymity I won't tell. It was nothing related to electronics.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts