Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am using the my BMW app on iPhone 12. If I select charge & climate setting to send to car it times out. I have tried reinstalling the app, times out every time. The app does receive info from the car eg updates the charge.

I can set schedule in the car but not from phone. I think the command goes to a GSM card, I tried at a different location in case GSM signal poor but same result

Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
659 Posts
Lots of reasons. After all, the car has to have a good 4g signal back to base for this to work, and base has to be working .. Sometimes it can take a little while to go through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both of our i3's are doing this since the 13th Dec, seems to be a more widespread issue since the new app "MyBMW", cant get it to work no matter what I do. Called BMW up, not very helpful.
Asked to send a mail to [email protected]. Would suggest others do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am using the my BMW app on iPhone 12. If I select charge & climate setting to send to car it times out. I have tried reinstalling the app, times out every time. The app does receive info from the car eg updates the charge.

I can set schedule in the car but not from phone. I think the command goes to a GSM card, I tried at a different location in case GSM signal poor but same result

Can anyone advise?
Hey , i had this same problem . I stumbled upon this fix - open My BMW app - select start climatisation - let the circle revolve a few times then switch out from the app - open twitter or something. now the car is always hot/cool when I enter vehicle. working for me 100% . hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey , i had this same problem . I stumbled upon this fix - open My BMW app - select start climatisation - let the circle revolve a few times then switch out from the app - open twitter or something. now the car is always hot/cool when I enter vehicle. working for me 100% . hope this helps
ps - I have a 2016 94 rex , using the IOS app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts