Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My charger flap locked shut and will not open again. Last year around this time my charger flap was replaced because the actuator failed. Well here we go again. I have been informed that it was replaced last year 2 months before Kia resolved the problem with a modified charger flap. So they are now going to fit the updated version. They said it had become a relatively common issue hence the updated flap. Now waiting for it to be fitted. More expense now with having to put expensive petrol in the hire car.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
You presumably know about the emergency flap release knob under the bonnet?
Peter

Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
My charger flap locked shut and will not open again. Last year around this time my charger flap was replaced because the actuator failed. Well here we go again. I have been informed that it was replaced last year 2 months before Kia resolved the problem with a modified charger flap. So they are now going to fit the updated version. They said it had become a relatively common issue hence the updated flap. Now waiting for it to be fitted. More expense now with having to put expensive petrol in the hire car.
Good outcome & good support from Kia

Registered
You presumably know about the emergency flap release knob under the bonnet?
Peter
On the first edition, the toggle under the bonnet is to release the plug lock, not the flap. I can't speak for later versions.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
On the first edition, the toggle under the bonnet is to release the plug lock, not the flap. I can't speak for later versions.
Oops yes I think you鈥檙e right. Sorry folks.
(Message to self, stop relying on memory so much, it doesn鈥檛 work properly anymore 馃お)
Peter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car back so we will see. No emergency release so hope the fix works.

Registered
Just got my 2020 e-niro back from my kia dealer. Had the same problem with the charge door refusing to open.
There was no hint of it playing up, just suddenly wouldn't open. I checked the fuses and tried disconnecting the 12v battery as a reset but no result. I could hear a faint click behind the flap when using the key buttons, but not the usual click.

Luckily it didn't happen whilst away from home.
The technician at the garage said they replaced the "whole unit" and said it was an electrical problem, l presumed some sort of actuator.

The emergency release cable under the bonnet is for the charging cable only.
An emergency release for the charge door would be a very good idea but I can't figure out how to rig one myself and as it was a warranty job, thought no point in asking the technician at the dealers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have been having trouble with some e Niro鈥檚 so you need to check it was the updated flap they fitted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts