Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this video about a community based charging network that might be of interest to potential and existing EV owners without drives which could offer a solution. Clearly, the large charge companies are not attracted to install units unless they can see an immediate uptake but in a chicken/egg world many people seeking to move to EV won't do that unless charging locally is already in place. This scheme overcomes that quite neatly. They seek potential sites to expand into and perhaps you may have suggestions. At present they are only focussed on the North West and Cumbria but can offer advice elsewhere.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron
26 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, I happened across it a while ago it looked like an interesting scheme, though it was originally limited to some small areas.

Ironically, I started developing a similar site in early March that I never managed to dedicate much time to because of COVID. Similar principal but the difference being I only wanted to see/note where people wanted chargers in order to allow companies to identify interest/key areas although ChargeMyStreet actually introduce the points themselves. I also had a preference to the On-Street Residential charge scheme, it wasn't until I had made the site functional that I discovered ChargeMyStreet's offering. I kept it available in-case anyone ever found it useful considering individuals could view the map & add points in specific locations - StreetCharge.

If there was interest I'd probably develop it further, I did plan on posting it here in March but again, never got around to finishing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts