Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 1st of July Charge Place Scotland will be bought by Swarco and will be inaccessible by the CPS or CYC apps.

How are people planning on accessing CPS network if they come from England to Scotland?

I have been calling CPS Customer services but they have no idea what will happen. They know for sure that the apps will stop working with the CPS chargers though.

Really worried as I have a trip planned for the 2nd of July.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Swarco have their own app that will take over from the CYC one, and it will be far more reliable if Swarco's other apps are anything to go by.

Some of their newer rapid chargers also now take contactless payment too.

You could always sign up to CPS directly for a card from them if you prefer too. They are scrapping the £20/Year cost.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't believe it's been confirmed that the switch will happen on the 1st July yet, at a recent EVA Scotland webinar it was either "the start" or "the end" of July (due to billing runs). On the same event they also confirmed that a Swarco app would be released the morning of the switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe it's been confirmed that the switch will happen on the 1st July yet, at a recent EVA Scotland webinar it was either "the start" or "the end" of July (due to billing runs). On the same event they also confirmed that a Swarco app would be released the morning of the switch.
See I've had a CPS account set up and received an email because of it a couple weeks back confirming the swap on the 1st July. The customer services have also confirmed this info yesterday.

Thank you for letting know about the Swarco app! i've been trying to get the info on their website but its super sparse. Fingers crossed the app won't be buggy!

How did you find out about this webinar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swarco have their own app that will take over from the CYC one, and it will be far more reliable if Swarco's other apps are anything to go by.

Some of their newer rapid chargers also now take contactless payment too.

You could always sign up to CPS directly for a card from them if you prefer too. They are scrapping the £20/Year cost.

Awesome!

The CPS card wont arrive in time before my trip and the customer services said id have to live in Scotland to get it anyway :(

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
customer services said id have to live in Scotland to get it anyway :(
I live south of the border and have a CPS card. I've never known of such a restriction before so this must be a very recent change in policy. I really hope they don't cancel my account if this is the case!

·
Registered
46 Posts
See I've had a CPS account set up and received an email because of it a couple weeks back confirming the swap on the 1st July. The customer services have also confirmed this info yesterday.
Ah all my emails have just been mentioning "in July" so fingers crossed.

How did you find out about this webinar?
I'm a member of EVA Scotland who are Swarco are using as the main driver engagement group. Think you can be an associate member for free and watch at https://www.eva.scot/watch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live south of the border and have a CPS card. I've never known of such a restriction before so this must be a very recent change in policy. I really hope they don't cancel my account if this is the case!
I think if you already have a CPS card you're fine as they will transfer your details through to swarco. And any further cards will be with swarco and not CPS, which is my problem as I registered with Charge your Car first so the system 'knows' I'm from England.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're happy to lose functionality on CYC you can transfer your CYC to Swarco when the time comes (deadline to do this is tomorrow)

A new network operator has been appointed for ChargePlace Scotland - Charge Place Scotland

How can CYC members make a request prior to 23rd June to retain access to CPS?
An email is being sent out to all CYC members who have a registered address with a Scottish postcode to request permission to share account details with SWARCO so they can contact CYC members to provide access to the CPS scheme. If you are a CYC member and would like to retain access to both CYC and CPS but have not received the email, please complete this form.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
After 1st of July Charge Place Scotland will be bought by Swarco and will be inaccessible by the CPS or CYC apps.

How are people planning on accessing CPS network if they come from England to Scotland?

I have been calling CPS Customer services but they have no idea what will happen. They know for sure that the apps will stop working with the CPS chargers though (as will the cards associated with the accounts).

Really worried as I have a trip planned for the 2nd of July.

Thanks!
Hi, can you please rename the title of this thread: its totally inaccurate. Why emulate the worst of clickbait.

Almost every fact in your post is inaccurate as well.

Why don't you just ask some simple questions rather than spreading misinformation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, can you please rename the title of this thread: its totally inaccurate. Why emulate the worst of clickbait.

Almost every fact in your post is inaccurate as well.

Why don't you just ask some simple questions rather than spreading misinformation.

sure no problem

I've had the facts given to me by CPS yesterday, so as far as I knew that was accurate.

Im super happy the people here know their stuff though! <3

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
sure no problem

I've had the facts given to me by CPS yesterday, so as far as I knew that was accurate.

Im super happy the people here know their stuff though! <3
Many thanks for changing the title. BP ( CYC) really are being pretty poor with their back office support leasing up to the change in contractor.
Regarding the date for the changeover from BP to Swarco, this is very unlikely to be 1st July ( no recent announcements) and far more likely to be end of June.
I've got a whole lot of trips 1st week of July and mid July too so hoping it is end of July😁

To try and help you out...
Will you be charging via CCS?
What routes will you be covering?
Have you had a quick look at locations where you will likely be charging.?
The forum can advise which Rapids reliably report their status on the CPS LiveMap and hopefully can give some advice on which unreliable chargers to avoid.

Bring your granny👍

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Many thanks for changing the title. BP ( CYC) really are being pretty poor with their back office support leasing up to the change in contractor.
Regarding the date for the changeover from BP to Swarco, this is very unlikely to be 1st July ( no recent announcements) and far more likely to be end of June.
I've got a whole lot of trips 1st week of July and mid July too so hoping it is end of July😁

The forum can advise which Rapids reliably report their status on the CPS LiveMap and hopefully can give some advice on which unreliable chargers to avoid.

Bring your granny👍
Sorry, end of July, my typo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Bring your granny👍
It would make sense for Swarco to give ppl easy access to their network as soon as the change hits.

Im also hoping it's going to be end of July haha. Im almost tempted to call CPS customer services to tell them what ppl have said here. The customer services lady was super nice but really had no clue what was happening XD

I have a Zoe so only Type 2 for me.
I usually travel from Leeds, via Hamilton to Livingston. Hamilton has had a fairly reliable charger on Keith Street car park and Livingston has the Almondvale Stadium charger.

The motorway is easy - Ecotricity has been ok so far. It's when Im off the motorway thats the problem. I might use eVolt or Osprey (in Livingston).

1 - 20 of 90 Posts