Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just sent emails to RSPB, Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust and NWT urging them to install charge points at their reserve visitor centres. Thought that a little lobbying from their membership wouldn't go amiss.

I am aware of the one at RSPB Minsmere. Are there any others in existence or does anyone know of plans for a systematic roll-out for any similar organisations?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know of any others. I tried a similar email to the RSPB and got a very vague response although that was a couple of years ago. Hopefully their approach will be much more positive now. Certainly having charge points at their major visitor centres would make a big difference to how often I would visit their reserves and how far I would travel to do so.
Please let us know if you get any responses.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know of any others. I tried a similar email to the RSPB and got a very vague response although that was a couple of years ago. Hopefully their approach will be much more positive now.
I spoke to staff at one of their reserves about a year ago. She said that RSPB were considering it at head office, but that particular reserve was not a priority. I have not read or heard of anything since, hence my email to them. Most visits are for an hour or more, and they're frequently off the beaten track. You'd think it would be a no-brainer for conservation charities as long as they can cover their costs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm a National Trust member and I don't even have an EV (yet) but I have written to them suggesting more EV points. At Croome Park they have an EV for their use but not for the public yet although they do a have a few dotted about other properties. Destination charging really important.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two NT properties in Norfolk (Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall) with POD Point chargers.

I've not heard a peep from the organisations I contacted. Not even an acknowledgement of my emails. Early days, but a little disappointed that none of the three has replied yet.

I hope that they will begin to respond if more members demonstrate there's a demand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts