Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live there are two rapid e-Volt charge points. When I want to charge from them, the first attempt the ZE above the charge socket on my car flashes red and the charge point just displays that it is making initial checks.

I have to stop the charge and reconnect to the charge point a second time before the car starts charging.

I dont recollect having this problem on the Ecotricity charge points on the M6. Has my car got a problem or is the the e-volt charge points that have the problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm sure I used an e-volt one last weekend (Needham lakes run by Swarco Econnect) and it worked OK on my 2013 Zoe (R210).

Sometimes the cables for the rapid chargers are pretty heavy, can help to support the cable when you first plug it in until it does its checks and gets going.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Lot of Evolts here in Scotland and I often find they can need a couple of goes to start charging though not always.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lot of Evolts here in Scotland and I often find they can need a couple of goes to start charging though not always.
Thanks for the confirmation, I have just booked my car in for its first service at the end of Sept. The dealership said they will check to see if any errors are showing on the car log, so hopefully we will know whether it is the car or the charge points.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Agree with @Mo1 I get double go treament on the eVolt machines on my 2017 Q90. It's almost as if it takes two goes to get the ohms down to an acceptable level, or possibly our cars are earthing at first attempt. After that, it charges just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Dave Barr
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing