Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hoping someone may be able to help. Bizarrely the charge port on our 2015 leaf has started to open automatically, when the car is parked and locked. It has never happened before but is happening consistently now so seems very unlikely the key is being pressed in our pockets.

I have searched the forum with no luck- has anyone come across this?

Whilst I'm asking questions, when our 2 yr PCP is up I'd like to swap for a Quashqai- has anyone got any sample rates on these?

Many thanks

Alex

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yes that's strange. Move your first 'normal' key to a suitable distance so it's out of range then use your second key? What's the result? Change the battery in that first key fob, even though the system is not showing the low battery. After a warning I've just had to replace my battery (CR2025) in my main key fob and it's a December 2015.
It has to be asked but could someone be playing a trick on you?
If none of the above then a dealer visit.

Nissan have just released their Q1 deals today, check out their website. I've also just seen a new Qashqai finance advert on TV offering 0% and low cost servicing. New Nissan PULSAR - Nissan passenger car

·
Registered
243 Posts
i was hoping someone may be able to help. Bizarrely the charge port on our 2015 leaf has started to open automatically, when the car is parked and locked. It has never happened before but is happening consistently now so seems very unlikely the key is being pressed in our pockets.
I know you said it has only just started doing it but it may simply still be this very thing that is causing it.

It happened to us a few times at the start. The buttons should be recessed in the fob to prevent it.

I'd say your first thing to do is rule this issue out for certain. When you leave AND approach the car make sure the keys are not in a bag or a pocket. If its still happening then time to call the dealer but I'd nearly bet its the fob is causing it.

Could be that the button on the fob is in a semi stuck state and its just started to happen now as a result. Does the flap open button feel any different to press? Cross check both fobs and see do they "feel" the same to press. Maybe one is stuck?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You didnt get any new trendy skinny jeans for Christmas did you.

I have a pair that cause this on our leaf and more worryingly the boot of our 2 series beemer to open up wide when its parked outside our house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts