Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Charge Time Screen does in the EV Settings screen and how to use it? There is nothing in the manual about it? It shows a list of three charging rates 6, 3 and 50kwh - which should I choose and for what reason?

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 62Kw, 2021 - Leaf number 6! 2 x Zappi as we are a two Leaf family.
153 Posts
They are really just for information. They don’t change the way the car charges.

The car will always charge at the maximum it can draw, as advised by the charge point it is plugged into. Some charge points can tell the car to vary the amount the car can draw based on available solar for example.

If you’re using the granny charger, the car will draw 10A maximum.

By selecting the options it will estimate the duration of a charge at the selected rate to get from its current SOC to full at that rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are really just for information. They don’t change the way the car charges.

The car will always charge at the maximum it can draw, as advised by the charge point it is plugged into. Some charge points can tell the car to vary the amount the car can draw based on available solar for example.

If you’re using the granny charger, the car will draw 10A maximum.

By selecting the options it will estimate the duration of a charge at the selected rate to get from its current SOC to full at that rate.
It’s a shame they couldn’t explain that in the first place in the manual!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was confused as well. Besides I thought procedure said to charge the LEAF should be shut off. So, if true, why would there be a screen?

Also incidentally want to report a highly satisfying charge rate yesterday at an ElectrifyiAmerica CHAdeMO in Plymouth, MA which delivered 47 kW for 40 minutes allowing the 2022 LEAF SV Plus to go from 50% to 97%. Didn't need the 97% but did it just to see what it was like.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was confused as well. Besides I thought procedure said to charge the LEAF should be shut off. So, if true, why would there be a screen?

Also incidentally want to report a highly satisfying charge rate yesterday at an ElectrifyiAmerica CHAdeMO in Plymouth, MA which delivered 47 kW for 40 minutes allowing the 2022 LEAF SV Plus to go from 50% to 97%. Didn't need the 97% but did it just to see what it was like.
because once you start charging, you can turn the car back on, listen to the radio, etc.
You'll not be able to select B, D or R, it will be stuck in P. If your car is fitted with an electronic handbrake (emergency brake in US parlance) it won't be able to be released while charging, this is for obvious safety reasons that weren't explained to the producers of the rather ridiculous 'Geostorm' movie.

·
Registered
12 Posts
because once you start charging, you can turn the car back on, listen to the radio, etc.
You'll not be able to select B, D or R, it will be stuck in P. If your car is fitted with an electronic handbrake (emergency brake in US parlance) it won't be able to be released while charging, this is for obvious safety reasons that weren't explained to the producers of the rather ridiculous 'Geostorm' movie.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts