Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check in case I'm missing something - on my old Golf GTE I could charge to 100% 2 ways:
  1. Plug in and press the top button next to the charging port
  2. Set the minimum charge value to 100%
I believe on the Passat you can only charge to 50% when you plug in so I HAVE to press the top button to charge straight away?

And I guess I can always trigger through the app which is a further way but just wanted to check that there's no automatic way to charge to 100% immediately

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you switch off all scheduled charges (in e-Manager in infotainment) then the car will start charging straight away until it’s full.

If you have any active scheduled charges (unless you override by pressing the top ‘charge now’ button) then the car will use them in order, starting with the next nearest departure time. If the state of the battery is low then charging will begin immediately until the minimum desired state is reached. The remainder will be topped up to coincide with your departure time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah cool, thanks @M777KES - I'm sure that's different to my Golf but not an issue, just wondered if I was missing something!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts