Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Just a quick question here.
Would you recommend topping up the battery after each journey or drain totally and charge full ?

I mean one day 10 miles done .....do I park and leave and continue another day to drain the battery ? Or ?
Do o charge back to full even after shot journey ? :( ..... Nothing in da book regarding this ..... Thanks guys.

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
131 Posts
Would you recommend topping up the battery after each journey
Yep top up after each journey, assuming you are likely to drive in the next 24 hours.
Its not in the manual because it doesn't matter very much. Sitting full or empty for days on end is probably the only thing that might reduce the life of a lithium battery, and Mitsubishi have built in buffers to limit the impact of that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeremy.
I have noticed a peculiar behaviour ! Anyone similar experience ? Please share . Ok.
Car was sitting on the drive for about 24 hrs. Was charged full 36 hours ago. Last mile range was showing 19.
Due to the fantastic weather yesterday I decided to give it a quick wash.
Got in the car. Pressed the button and -
Computer is showing - charge complete!!!!!!
??????? Even tho I didn't plug it in for 36 plus hours ????? ????
And the range is showing 20 miles ????????
Could sun boil the battery a bit ????
W. T . F ? I don't get it .....
Sorcery ? Lol :)
I think I get why people love this car .....
Mad as . . . .
Good day gents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will always display charge completed the first time you turn on the car after charge no matter how long ago. The drain in battery is normal because the wifi is constantly on in the car and the GOM is based on how you drove the car from the last trip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks doreamo 999.
But the car was switched on after charge to check the range. And then locked.
And 36 ish hour later computer displayed charge complete again.....
With 20 miles range instead 19 .....
That's what I mean. And yes it was hot yesterday and I think it's to do with the sun.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There are 2 main things that really affect the range displayed on the GOM - temperature and the way it was driven. So if the temperature is higher than when you last drove it, it will go up. I've had it display 42 miles after a slow journey on a hot day, but yesterday it displayed 17 miles after a motorway trip. On our 22kWh Zoe, that range varies from 60 miles in winter to 80 miles in summer, despite being driven by the same person on the same journey for 12,000 miles a year.

It's called Guess-o-Meter for a reason.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TnB .
Yeah it is a whole new learning curve and getting to know the car.
And yes the GOM is useless.... Miles disappear quicker than GOM thinks anyway and mile is probably lot shorter in GOM than it actually is on the road.... Also fuel gauge is super funny on this thing..... Once it was showing 42 miles remaining and junction later it was flashing empty and quick go and get some juice !!! So can't trust this either...
Analog old type gauge on my CRV was waaay better. Perhaps better is a wrong word... More predictable and accurate I guess ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts