Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, I'm always a bit paranoid about loosing my Chargeplace Scotland card, and also considering the slight convenience of using the app instead to start/stop charging.

But I wanted to know, how do I actually do that, I haven't found any obvious instructions, is it a case of opening the app, hold the phone over the "card" reader and let the NFC chip in the phone do the rest?

Are there any charger models that do/don't support this specifically?

Thanks all.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,440 Posts
No contact between phone a ChargePoint. You just roll up at available ChargePoint, select it on the app and click 'Start charge' and follow the instructions. It's all done through a data connection with the server. Then, from memory, you stop it through the 'Activity' option on the app. My local rapid still needs a card as when it was installed there was no mobile signal, the app lets me know this at the bottom of the screen when I look for availability in the app so it might be worth checking there too.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The app isnt great, and some chargers are RFID only. I've had the app get stuck and refuse to terminate the charge, resulting in me having to phone them for a remote reset.

The card just works.

My card had expired and i used the app for a bit, but after a few issues (for instance one rapid at a food stop turned out to be rfid only, meaning i had to stop for half an hour, have food with the car parked next to a charger i couldnt use, then drive to another rapid and stop again just to charge) i paid up for another card.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, will maybe give the app a go, but stick with the card generally.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts