Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chargedev install, everything has been great . But now we changed the router and need to connect the charger and I cannot find out how to do it, there absolutely no info about this, on chargedv site or kaluza, or in the kaluza app. Does anyone know the process?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hi.

@dk6780 thanks for the tag.

@str8g8 my company designed and manufactured your charger. I assume your unit is hard wired so it should just be a case of plugging the ethernet cable back in.

Your installer may have chosen to use powerline adaptors so make sure that that is still present.

If your still struggling perhaps you could share a picture of the router/any equipment?

Do you have a copy if the user manual?

Hope this helps,

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the reply, I completely forgot it was actually a wired connection, assumed it was all wireless, doh! So I reconnected the ethernet cable... and still nothing, the charger is still offline according to kaluza app?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all working again now, for future reference, I had to turn the fuse switch off and on to reset the charger.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Great, glad its worked.

FYI if the unit doesn't see a network connection straight away it waits a set amount of time, if it still doesn't see a connection then it increases the wait period until it tries again. This is to avoid racking up data fees or clogging up a network.

Power cycling at the breaker is a good way of resetting the wait time and forcing it to connect

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Glad it's fixed. I'd forgotten that Mike had opted for a hard wired connection rather than the more usual (and painful) WiFi connection.
Good also to see that the normal IT advice of turning it on and off again worked. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts