Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Chargedev to have a home chargepoint installed.18 days on and I am yet to receive an electrical test report after several requests.
I am now thinking this should have been issued at the time and it has not been done.

thanks

Jeremy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jeremy,

I had mine installed by ChargedEV on the 9th June and didn't receive one either (didnt know to ask).

Is the test report required?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just had mine fitted a 32A Rolec by ChargedEV - I have had no paperwork at all. I signed via an iPad and am stll awaiting my years subscription to CYC. Charger is great by the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to request the CYC card. They will send a link to use. At present they are charging £10 delivery which I have queried. Charger is indeed good.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Post back on how you get on will you. All I have seen is this :-
  • Free 12-month access to the Charge Your Car (CYC) network of over 2,000 fast and rapid charging stations throughout the UK
  • Free CYC RFID access card (also works on the Electric Highway) *Ts and Cs apply
I have not seen the Ts & Cs, and was not even aware you had to apply - to be honest I was expecting a card in the post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the card free (including delivery) using the promo code on the CYC letter supplied by the installer.

Simply created a CYC account then under your account > access cards > selected to purchase one but entered the promo code to get the basket down to £0.00 then clicked order now. It came a few days later.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks for that - I guess I will have to wait for my correspondence. How long after install did it take ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The CYC letter was given to me by the installer on the day. He said their would also be an email but haven't received it yet (install was on the 9th June)

Regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
re the £10 CYC charge, this was because I had not entered a country on my account. it then assumes you are international - hence £10 postage. added UK to address. card on its way - no charge.

regards

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have heard bugger all. I have just sent a scan of page 2 of my V5, it arrived in the post yesterday. Perhaps thats why as they can't do anything else without it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I got an email from them today, with the discount code. So I have registered and they are sending me the card. So all is good.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No.
When I had a new kitchen fitted I had to have a new consumer unit too. It was months before I got the report, and it was in the form of a letter saying that everything checkout fine type of thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Just so you know the Electrical Certificates are issued within 30 days of the work being completed because the work has to be signed off by the QS and the CYC cards should be delivered free and you'll need your code from ChargedEV to claim it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
When I had a new kitchen fitted I had to have a new consumer unit too. It was months before I got the report, and it was in the form of a letter saying that everything checkout fine type of thing.
Note that there are two different certificates involved: an Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC) and a Building Regulations Compliance certificate.

The EIC is in principle created at the time of doing the job (certainly the test results need to be recorded when doing the tests), and in any case is entirely under the control of the installing company - any sign-off is their internal sign-off.

The Building Regs certificate on the other hand has to be issued by a third party (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT etc.) and is subject to administrative delays beyond the control of the installer.

The EIC is the more interesting document with actual test results shown on it, but assuming you aren't disputing the quality of the work there's not really anything you need to do with it.

The Building Regs certificate is, as you say, a rather boring document but it's the one you need to hold onto in case you get asked to produce it (for example when you come to sell your house).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts