Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my lease car delivered last week (MG ZS EV), and it comes with a free home charger.

Its one of these: ChargedEV

Has anyone had experience with it? Seems to offer a lot of smart options, but maybe too smart for my needs lol

I'm just going to sign up for Octopus Go, so all I want to be able to do with this charger is set it to turn on at 00:30 when my cheap 5.00 p / kWh starts, and then turn off at 04:30 when it ends!
Can I do that??

Thank you :)

EDIT: I believe @Mike Schooling designed these units if you have any advise? :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got my lease car delivered last week (MG ZS EV), and it comes with a free home charger.

Its one of these: ChargedEV

Has anyone had experience with it? Seems to offer a lot of smart options, but maybe too smart for my needs lol

I'm just going to sign up for Octopus Go, so all I want to be able to do with this charger is set it to turn on at 00:30 when my cheap 5.00 p / kWh starts, and then turn off at 04:30 when it ends!
Can I do that??

Thank you :)

EDIT: I believe @Mike Schooling designed these units if you have any advise? :)
It should start at 00:30 if you set up your tariff in the app but you can't tell it to stop at 04:30, it will just keep charging until the car is full or you unplug it.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You're right, in the Kaluza app you can set your off peak tariff but the charger will continue to be controlled to meet the ready by time you set if the car is not full in the off peak period.

I know the team at Kaluza are looking at tweaking this based on the same feedback.

Screenshot below to show the configuration for Octopus Go.

Let me know if any questions.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm very interested in knowing whether the Smart Pro EVSE and its associated software now handles Octopus Go properly. I want to be able to set a fixed start charge time and a fixed end charge time.
Kaluza (who provide the optimisation) have a feature in beta to toggle between fully charging at cheapest rate and charging only off peak (e.g. four hours for GO).

We also have another optimisation about to go live which will also carry this feature (keep an eye out in the EV news).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Presumably this is on off street parking? If so, is someone really going to park on your driveway for several hours just to nick a few quid's worth of power? If you were going to be away for an extended period I presume you have a cutoff switch in your installation somewhere...

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Presumably this is on off street parking? If so, is someone really going to park on your driveway for several hours just to nick a few quid's worth of power? If you were going to be away for an extended period I presume you have a cutoff switch in your installation somewhere...
No I don't think they would, but just wondered is all as the Zappi ones at my work wont work unless a pin is entered... :confused:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi.

This is a feature request that comes up a lot.

Ultimately, I've seen very few occasions where electricity has been pinched (normally a misunderstanding when it has happened) but recognise the need.

It's a feature I'd like to implement. The biggest issue with Smart PRO for features like this is we have a single button (BOOST) on the charger for simplicity. This then drives any advanced function to the user and installer apps.

The issue with using the app for locking is that if comms go down anywhere between your phone, our servers and the Smart PRO you have no way of unlocking the charger.

We have some ideas to work around this but not perfect. E.g. the charger boots up unlocked so you could power cycle it to unlock if comms go down.

We're presently working on an RFID solution for fleets which could be used for domestic locking and also a revised app.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.