Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my lease car delivered last week (MG ZS EV), and it comes with a free home charger.

Its one of these: ChargedEV

Has anyone had experience with it? Seems to offer a lot of smart options, but maybe too smart for my needs lol

I'm just going to sign up for Octopus Go, so all I want to be able to do with this charger is set it to turn on at 00:30 when my cheap 5.00 p / kWh starts, and then turn off at 04:30 when it ends!
Can I do that??

Thank you :)

EDIT: I believe @Mike Schooling designed these units if you have any advise? :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got my lease car delivered last week (MG ZS EV), and it comes with a free home charger.

Its one of these: ChargedEV

Has anyone had experience with it? Seems to offer a lot of smart options, but maybe too smart for my needs lol

I'm just going to sign up for Octopus Go, so all I want to be able to do with this charger is set it to turn on at 00:30 when my cheap 5.00 p / kWh starts, and then turn off at 04:30 when it ends!
Can I do that??

Thank you :)

EDIT: I believe @Mike Schooling designed these units if you have any advise? :)
It should start at 00:30 if you set up your tariff in the app but you can't tell it to stop at 04:30, it will just keep charging until the car is full or you unplug it.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
You're right, in the Kaluza app you can set your off peak tariff but the charger will continue to be controlled to meet the ready by time you set if the car is not full in the off peak period.

I know the team at Kaluza are looking at tweaking this based on the same feedback.

Screenshot below to show the configuration for Octopus Go.

Let me know if any questions.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts