Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had a Polar/Chargemaster unit installed back in 2015 ... I have the email thread that says a 7KW unit was installed - while i had a Outlander Phev was not a big deal charging over night - but now have an ID4 - so more important now

Is there anyway to check the power rating ?

thanks

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hi

I had a Polar/Chargemaster unit installed back in 2015 ... I have the email thread that says a 7KW unit was installed - while i had a Outlander Phev was not a big deal charging over night - but now have an ID4 - so more important now

thanks

First thing to check would be the rating of the circuit - take a look at the RCBO/MCB that's supplying it. If it's 32 A or 40 A then at least the cabling to the unit should be OK for 32 A. There's nothing external on the Chargemaster unit to tell you the rating, unfortunately. These older units had a switch to change from 15/16 A to 30/32 A, so if it does have 32 A capable wiring, but has been set to 16 A, then it may be that it can just be switched to give the full current

Is this unit a tethered or non-tethered unit? If it's tethered, then it will have a Type 1 connector to suit the Outlander, rather than the Type 2 connector needed for the ID.4. If it has a socket on the front then it should be fine with the ID.4 Type 2 to Type 2 cable.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Why not just plug the car in for one hour and note the %SOC reading at start & finish ? The increase multiplied by rated capacity of battery (and divide by 100 if you forget it's a percentage :unsure: ) should give you a rough (%SOC reading may not be completely accurate) idea of how many kWh have been added - certainly accurate enough to distinguish between a 3.4 & 6.8 kW result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts