Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any indication as to what's happening with Chargemaster and their "future" plans, especially now we have both ChargeNow and Polar Networks.

Polar currently £10 PCM, looks like that's all changing as of March. http://www.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/polar_online/

ChargeNow currently £20 PCM, assuming as that's in partnership with BMWi it wont be changing so soon? http://chargenow.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/chargenow.html

Both mention possibilities of PAYG as well as "free to use".

This seems to be getting more messy? Anyone in a position to clarify (or speculate)?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Chargemaster are currently pointing new subscribers to the ChargeNow card and advising not to sign up for the Polar card so it was a pretty clear decision between the two cards when I applied.

I wasn't sure if that is just for BMW owners as they did ask what car I had before advising me what to do but looking at the ChargeNow site, although it has the BMWi logo plastered everywhere (and on the card), it does seem open to anyone to apply.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It is indeed. ChargeNow is also being vended under Alphabet's Alpha Electric proposition (we are the infrastructure partner) which is multi-marque. The BMWi brand tie-up is natural given BMW's stake in Chargemaster, but it is indeed a mite confusing.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
ChargeMaster has made this announcement on Facebook...

Just a little bit of information regarding the upcoming tariffs:

From 31st March 2014 a range of tariffs will apply for access to the POLAR charging network and existing customers will be given the option to accept these or let their membership lapse.

Details of the new scheme will be officially announced nearer the time.
ChargeMaster Announcement on Facebook Regarding Charging after March 31st

If they are not sensible prices, charged by the kWh, then I will no longer use POLAR charging stations. I have no issue with them charging but it must be by the kWh and be less than 20p/kWh for me to use them.

I might say that this will clip my wings but I never use them anyway so it probably won't effect my much but I feel sorry for those that rely on POLAR for their daily commute.

·
Conflicted Ecoworrier/Petrolhead
3,225 Posts
I was just searching the forum to see how long these cards take to come. Desperate to get mine as I'm doing 60 miles each way to work. So half rex use at the mo. All my other cars arrived within a couple of days. Ecotricity even arrived before i got the car.

Note to BMW.... Get your iDealers to sign customers up weeks before delivery To make sure they have a means of charging. Don't know what BEV users are meant to do! ?

The latest is you pay £20/year for the card and then either free or PAYG at the charge point, and most seem to be free. (Or at least the ones convenient for places i visit are).

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was just searching the forum to see how long these cards take to come. Desperate to get mine as I'm doing 60 miles each way to work. So half rex use at the mo. All my other cars arrived within a couple of days. Ecotricity even arrived before i got the car.
My POLAR card took over a week to arrive. Ecotricity was fastest, arrived in the next day post. Source London was posted a day before my membership went active but came cheap rate from France so was about a week late (including the weekend). Doh! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I applied for my Source Lindon card on 12/1/15. Still no sign of it. I chased them on 30/1/15 and they said it would be with me within 7-10 days. Not impressed. Most of the points around London are Source London.
Ecotricity and Chargemaster turned up very quickly.

·
Conflicted Ecoworrier/Petrolhead
3,225 Posts
Seems like i may have forgot to actually submit my order to Chargemaster or something as they didn't have a record and nothing has left my bank account. doh!

Just been online and registered and now have order confirmation saying should be in post tonight.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
I applied for my Source Lindon card on 12/1/15. Still no sign of it. I chased them on 30/1/15 and they said it would be with me within 7-10 days. Not impressed. Most of the points around London are Source London.
Ecotricity and Chargemaster turned up very quickly.

Try source east, they were very quick and at the moment have a roaming agreement with source london and plug in Midlands

1 - 10 of 10 Posts