Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #261 (Edited)
Yes, it can almost certainly be repaired. The charger is basically just a switch; your car is clearly communicating with the charger successfully, so it's probably just a faulty contactor. If you'd like me to look at it, you can either send the whole unit, or just the main circuit board. Or, if you're local to me (Fleet, Hants., M3 J5/4a)), I could come to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it can almost certainly be repaired. The charger is basically just a switch; you car is clearly communicating with the charger successfully, so it's probably just a faulty contactor. If you'd like me to look at it, you can either send the whole unit, or just the main circuit board. Or, if you're local to me (Fleet, Hants., M3 J5/4a)), I could come to you.
I live in Loughton Essex is that too far for you to travel? If not I would need instructions on how to take the unit off the wall to send to you.

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Loughton is too far for my aged ZOE, I'd at least need a working charger, if I managed to get there. I was thinking more like Reading, Guildford or Basingstoke.

Perhaps we should continue via PM; I'll send you a message.

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
The problem with @cranners charger was that one of the contactors had an open circuit coil, so was not switching. I couldn't find any reason for the failure, so it was probably just a one-off.

I found that both 0.68uF X2 capacitors were measuring 0.16uF, but the 0.47uF one was OK. I changed all of them and did the usual mods.

261 - 265 of 265 Posts