Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Never. They are so deliberately uncooperative they'll never change it!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
My money is on the pricing NOT coming into effect on April 1st. The website is STILL not online, I've still not had an email from them asking for bank details. My prediction is that they're frantically trying to sort the website + back end systems, and will have to defer the April 1st date due to technical problems / a crap web portal.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
My money is on the pricing NOT coming into effect on April 1st. The website is STILL not online, I've still not had an email from them asking for bank details. My prediction is that they're frantically trying to sort the website + back end systems, and will have to defer the April 1st date due to technical problems / a crap web portal.
Have you ordered a new card?

·
Registered
697 Posts
No - I've had no email / forms to reply to, and the polar instant website is still blank, so no idea how I could have applied for a card even if I wanted one.

I just checked the App Store for the Polar Instant app, and there's nothing.

I don't know if Chargemaster have ever dealt with consumers before, but I want to touch and feel the website & app before I decide whether to sign up or not. Cost is a big factor, but ease of use, website and app functionality will all form part of my decision.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
No - I've had no email / forms to reply to, and the polar instant website is still blank, so no idea how I could have applied for a card even if I wanted one.

I just checked the App Store for the Polar Instant app, and there's nothing.

I don't know if Chargemaster have ever dealt with consumers before, but I want to touch and feel the website & app before I decide whether to sign up or not. Cost is a big factor, but ease of use, website and app functionality will all form part of my decision.
If the instant website and app are 'delayed' most will have to sign up to the monthly or annual plan, and Chargemaster will make more money. Now, I wonder how hard they will work to prevent the delays?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I still can't believe Paul's feedback that he was asked to provide bank details on a paper form and post it - it's 2014 for goodness sake, this should all be part of online account management...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I'm going to sit and wait. Chargemaster won't get any revenue from me until I see how it pans out - what their online offering looks like, whether they improve their pricing offering, whether they begin to engage with the EV community.

I guess I'm fortunate that I drive a hybrid (Ampera), so I have the luxury of choosing petrol or electric motoring, but until Chargemaster improve their offering and their image then I shan't be offering them my customer; I will charge at home, and fuel at BP for now.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Ampera here too, and not going to renew at these rates. The only Chargemaster posts I have used have been at Asda and I only used my own card so that I had a record of the power supplied. I will start using the supermarket's own card (when I can get a parking space) and use the in-car display for an indication of the power supplied.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I sent my application in yesterday. As a new ev owner I'm still getting to grips with the hole range thing. So I need to keep my options open.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts