Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok odd one

I got the chargemyhyundai card in April. Activated it and got charged £1.99 activation fee

now on the 4th June I get another invoice for £1.99. Description fee Activation Fee/Monthly charge

sorry but as far as I am aware an activation fee should be something you pay once not every month

has anyoneelse had this

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
I activated the card in April and was charged £1.99 April invoice. I have today had my invoice for May which only has the cost of usage. So no, not invoiced £1.99 again as far as I can see. Also a contra to reverse the charging cost back to zero out as I have the credit from Hyundai for the reduced charging rate compensation. Have you checked the app to see if it shows up twice?
Ha Ha,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I activated the card in April and was charged £1.99 April invoice. I have today had my invoice for May which only has the cost of usage. So no, not invoiced £1.99 again as far as I can see. Also a contra to reverse the charging cost back to zero out as I have the credit from Hyundai for the reduced charging rate compensation. Have you checked the app to see if it shows up twice?
Ha Ha,
I have not yet seen any invoice for charging I did in May does it take a long time to come through?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Looks like the invoices are done monthly. My 2nd one, visible on the app on my phone, is for 1-31 May, is dated 31 May, and mentions monthly fee of £0. Prev invoice was just the £1.99 setup charge.

·
Registered
146 Posts
£1.99 Activation Fee shows on my April invoice, and only there.
However, I have a different problem - we charged once in May, then got the credit voucher and added it to the account but the May bill only shows the charging fee and the credit wasn't used, so the full payment has been taken. I called CMH and apparently credits aren't activated till the following month AND although the guy could see a credit on my account it was for £25 not £30! He said this was due to VAT, which I suppose makes sense if they deduct credit before adding the VAT but could lead to confusion. I said I wanted to challenge the delay in applying the credit; he asked me to forward them the credit voucher email so I've done that with an explanation of why I think it is unfair. We hardly ever have to charge away from home, even with reduced range, so I want to make sure we get the full value of whatever meagre compensation Hyundai are offering.

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 230.4MJ (64kWh) Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
83 Posts
I got a single £1.99 activation charge, and neither of the charges I've done (one in March, one in April) has been billed yet.

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
£1.99 Activation Fee shows on my April invoice, and only there.
However, I have a different problem - we charged once in May, then got the credit voucher and added it to the account but the May bill only shows the charging fee and the credit wasn't used, so the full payment has been taken. I called CMH and apparently credits aren't activated till the following month AND although the guy could see a credit on my account it was for £25 not £30! He said this was due to VAT, which I suppose makes sense if they deduct credit before adding the VAT but could lead to confusion. I said I wanted to challenge the delay in applying the credit; he asked me to forward them the credit voucher email so I've done that with an explanation of why I think it is unfair. We hardly ever have to charge away from home, even with reduced range, so I want to make sure we get the full value of whatever meagre compensation Hyundai are offering.
I opened my account in April, activated the credit 17th May. I used the card on 22nd May. Credit deducted from charge and zero cost for May!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Will show up on the app the same day, but the final cost and contra if you are getting a credit will take longer.
Well it's been 12 hours since I used the RFID, and I can't see a charging session in the app yet, seems somewhat slow to appear compared to geniepoint or alfapower. I've taken the electricity now, if they forget to allocate that charging session to me I won't be too upset, I'd like to be able to see or work out how much credit I have used though.

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
Well it's been 12 hours since I used the RFID, and I can't see a charging session in the app yet, seems somewhat slow to appear compared to geniepoint or alfapower. I've taken the electricity now, if they forget to allocate that charging session to me I won't be too upset, I'd like to be able to see or work out how much credit I have used though.
My charge was at an Instavolt. Perhaps it depends on the link between supplier and myHyundai?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts