Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone - got a quick one here.

I've used my ChargePlace Scotland card at CPS posts and rapids all over Scotland, and have once used it with a Forev charger, which isn't part of the CPS network (though is in Scotland).

I'm planning a trip down to England at somepoint and wondered a simple one; instead of signing up to the raft of networks in England, can I use my CPS RFID card to verify at charging posts elsewhere, on other networks? Is there billing interoperability?

The CPS site say no, but Forev totally accepted it with no issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I've used my ChargePlace Scotland card at CPS posts and rapids all over Scotland, and have once used it with a Forev charger, which isn't part of the CPS network (though is in Scotland).

I'm planning a trip down to England at somepoint and wondered a simple one; instead of signing up to the raft of networks in England, can I use my CPS RFID card to verify at charging posts elsewhere, on other networks? Is there billing interoperability?

They have announced interoperability with other providers. At the moment it’s only available for the be.EV network which is the old Greater Manchester council network.

If you look on the Chargeplace Scotland map, you will see a bunch of chargers listed in Greater Manchester which appeared recently.

Network Intra-Operability - Charge Place Scotland

·
Registered
55 Posts
Electric Juice is the closest RFID you can find for England.

That and the shell recharge card, although shell charge a transaction fee of about 30p for any non shell charger so I'd suggest trying the electric juice card First and the Shell one if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22)
294 Posts

You don't need to sign up to networks in England, the better more extensive ones take contactless and don't require any sort of account (Instavolt, Gridserve, Osprey, MFG). If there is a particular network you want to use like Ionity or Fastned that doesn't take contactless you could try Octopus Electric Juice as others suggested (the RFID card should cover those two, plus a bunch of small/local players if their chargers are reliable, as well as Shell and Osprey.)

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ
375 Posts
The CPS cards used to work in England across the CYC brand, but when the Scottish network changed its management that deal ended and it’s backend system moved elsewhere. Now it won’t be valid in England at all.

Get a Shell Recharge RFID card for free. And carry a contactless credit card too. That should have you covered for the vast majority of charging south of the border.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts