Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

All being well I should be taking posession of my first PHEV tomorrow. Can't wait!

I've applied for and paid for (I think..) a CPS card so I can use the 7kw public type 2 posts.

Does anyone know how long it takes for said card to arrive?

Also on the lookout for a 2nd hand type 2 charging cable (16amps) as the car seeming wasn't ordered with one originally.

Cheers

Andy

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,239 Posts
Evening,

All being well I should be taking posession of my first PHEV tomorrow. Can't wait!

I've applied for and paid for (I think..) a CPS card so I can use the 7kw public type 2 posts.

Does anyone know how long it takes for said card to arrive?

Also on the lookout for a 2nd hand type 2 charging cable (16amps) as the car seeming wasn't ordered with one originally.

Cheers

Andy
I recently did the North Coast 500 in a Tesla Model S Loaner. On most occasions I successfully started a charge with the CYC app. When there was an issue, the CPS Helpline were able to start/stop the charge remotely. (The CPS network is actually run by BP Chargemaster who also own the CYC network).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently did the North Coast 500 in a Tesla Model S Loaner. On most occasions I successfully started a charge with the CYC app. When there was an issue, the CPS Helpline were able to start/stop the charge remotely. (The CPS network is actually run by BP Chargemaster who also own the CYC network).
Ok, I'll try the app until the card arrives. My local charge point is a BP chargemaster, but I'm told its free if you use the CPS card to initiate the charge.

Cheers

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
Just remember, charge when you need to, not because its a convenient parking space where you'll get a free charge. If you don't need to charge there is no point in plugging in. (y)

Also depending where you live you'll find that charging for charging is being rolled out fairly widespread across Scotland now, so check your local chargers on the app or website first just so you don't fall foul of sill short stay windows on destination posts (seen 7kW posts with 2/3 and 4 hour max dwell times). My personal favourite is a local 7kW one to me with a 3hour max stay, and no return within 3 hours. Great for short range EVs dotting about in the area.... not!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The card should arrive within 1 week but you can activate a station by either the CYC app or calling them on the number displayed on the charging stations.
You will need your number. I think you can get this on your account on CPS website.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I would only park up in a charge bay if my car can take a charge for the length of time I'll be there.
Hope to be able to maximise my all electric miles!

Andy

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I would only park up in a charge bay if my car can take a charge for the length of time I'll be there.
Hope to be able to maximise my all electric miles!

Andy
Out of curiousity, why did you pick a phev? What did you get?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out of curiousity, why did you pick a phev? What did you get?
I get a company car allowance so long motorway trips are a neccesity. But as said allowance won't stretch to a tesla model 3 a Leaf or similar just won't cut it.

Most of my daily driving can be electric but the long work trips will all be on petrol, so a PHEV fits my driving profile perfectly.

I'd rather not say in public what the car is.

Cheers

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
I get a company car allowance so long motorway trips are a neccesity. But as said allowance won't stretch to a tesla model 3 a Leaf or similar just won't cut it.

Most of my daily driving can be electric but the long work trips will all be on petrol, so a PHEV fits my driving profile perfectly.

I'd rather not say in public what the car is.

Cheers

no one will hold your Mercedes Phev against you. Well some might lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts