Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
203 Posts
Not for me there wasn't. Definitely no credit card option - I looked everywhere. Contrary to what I said earlier my previous debit card had in fact expired since last March and there was no way to add a new one. So maybe it is only allowing auto renewals on existing cards that are still valid but not allowing adding new cards. I ended up having to use direct debit. Especially annoying in light of Evolt's tweet above. :(

Still no word whether they will issue new RFID cards? I've tweeted them to see if they will spill the beans.
I get the feeling that there will be an end to free charging. It's already happening in certain council areas. I see no reason it'll not happen in other areas. In Barrhead I've already notice several Tesla Model 3s using the one and only rapid charger. Love it... buying a £40k motor with proper rapid charging speeds. ..to sit and there and suck on a free 50 kW charger for over an hour... utter bottoms.

· Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
203 Posts
The problem I have with the Tesla Model 3 owners is that they sit there for well over an hour charging to 100%. Before them it was the Black Cab taxi PHEVs hogging it. It is simple freeloading... and the sooner all the rapids start charging you money the better. I typically grab 30 mins of charging at it when I need to and then granny charge at home. If the CPS rapid is unavailable I'll head straight to an InstaVolt. I've no problem buying electricity. Yesterday, I drove from Stockport to Gretna, charged my Zoe on the Ionity for 20 mins, a 12.67 kWh splash, and then headed home to Barrhead. A whopping £8.82... but worth it as it meant I completed the 235 miles in under 5 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.