Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says... Does not appear to be in use yet but payments must finally be on the way.

Also signage appearing “no return within 90 mins“ To stop taxis sitting on rapids?
CDDFFBCA-C70F-4F98-9E81-E792A5652929.jpeg A3F77EE1-05F2-4C8D-B8DE-B24C8CA32E21.jpeg

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
It was a matter of time.
With more councils opting to explore that source of revenue these will spread like wildfires.
Soon charging strategy will turn more to home charging and public stations to be use just for enough juice to drive home.
Then the rapid charge network will become obsolete and drivers will have little use for them.
Where is that station?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Over the weekend I charged at the rapid in Glebe Car Park, Moffat in Dumfries and Galloway. There is a charge of 25p/kW there with a minimum charge of £1.50 but parking is free. Charging is creeping in then. Most are still free in Scotland for the moment.

Reactions: Scrooge

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
In some ways though, it works. I've visited Dundee frequently, and would always charge, usually in olympia multi-story. The last few times i've not plugged in and just found a normal space instead, as i dont need the charge and aint paying more than i would at home for an opportunistic charge.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Soon charging strategy will turn more to home charging and public stations to be use just for enough juice to drive home.
Then the rapid charge network will become obsolete and drivers will have little use for them.
Depends how far home is. Last time I came home from Scotland it was 277 miles from Hawick Rapid to my home in Shropshire.

If having to pay more per kWh for public charging than the average domestic price per kWh encourages those who can charge at home to do so, I think that is a good thing as it frees up the public charging points for those who need to use them (either because they cannot charge at home [no off-street parking] or because they are beyond (or going beyond) their out-and-back range from home.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a matter of time.
With more councils opting to explore that source of revenue these will spread like wildfires.
Where is that station?
That one is in Port Seton, East Lothian. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts