Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody estimate how much money the current ChargePlace Scotland’s free vend is costing someone?

(My bet is us all, via Transport Scotland)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
It's not costing TS or SWARCO a penny. It's costing post owners. That's why there are stories that some owners (not councils yet) are switching off their posts to reduce the loss.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,968 Posts
There was comment on the EVAS event the other week from Andy the TS person, that TS were supporting councils but he seemed to mean this was for repairs.

To hide the blunders, I expect they'll just hand over the cash marked for repairs rather then admit publicly that some of it is to cover the power costs due to free vends. (would raise eybrows otherwise, however the select committee is going to be asked to investigate the whole mess.)

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,968 Posts
So this weekend, Inveraray, Criaanlarich and Whitecraig are all still on free vend and can be started with any card.

The Whitecraig rapid, or 'journey charger' as East Lothian call them, was about to fall over when I pulled the cable to the Leaf. It did tell me the cost - £6.90 but there is no charge logged in my account, using my new card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts