Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e208 2020
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to electric car, just arrived 2020 Peugeot e208 and RfID chargeplace scotland card. Used local public charging machine, flashed card in front of reader and nothing happened. Had to phone to be connected but still blank screen. Could not disconnect without calling yet again as it was locked in.
Also ccs charged at 31 miles per hour which I think is just slow charge???
Not a great first time experience and need to use local machine until wallbox fitted. Is this all normal practice????

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
New to electric car, just arrived 2020 Peugeot e208 and RfID chargeplace scotland card. Used local public charging machine, flashed card in front of reader and nothing happened. Had to phone to be connected but still blank screen. Could not disconnect without calling yet again as it was locked in.
Not a great first time experience and need to use local machine until wallbox fitted. Is this all normal practice????
Have you checked on Zap Map to see if there are any other comments on that charger from people having similar issues? Also was it 100% The CCS DC Connector you used and not Type 2 AC?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
99 percent of the time ChargePlace Scotland RFID works perfectly.

Try another charger.

Have you got the direct debit set up correctly?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,713 Posts
It would be good to get an idea of where you have tried. My understanding is that if a charge is initiated by phone then it also needs to be ended by phone (at least that is my experience on the one time I could not get it to start with the card or app). The unit's comms may have been down in which case it was not able to validate your card against the server and as you had not used it there before it would not be stored in the unit itself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to say reliability of the network is not good. I know that we shouldn’t be complaining about a free service, but I’ll certainly pay reasonable pennies and get a reliable network!

you’ll learn to live with it until you get a charger at home

·
Registered
959 Posts
It's just been confirmed that administration of the CPS network will be taken over by eVolt later this year. Whether this will lead to improvements...we shall see. Support should be better, but most charger maintenance relies on hosts paying for parts so we may still see delays.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I have to say reliability of the network is not good. I know that we shouldn’t be complaining about a free service, but I’ll certainly pay reasonable pennies and get a reliable network!

you’ll learn to live with it until you get a charger at home
Where in Scotland are you based.
I find CPS chargers in the Borders, Fife, Perthshire, Angus, Moray, Aberdeenshire generally very good. They are NOT all free.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Last 2 cars at CPS were using type 2 AC rather than CCS / Chademo. As above, was if the big chunky CCS connector or the smaller type 2?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,713 Posts
The service when I joined CPS in 2013 was great, calls answered quickly and they could not be more helpful. With each merger/takeover, they have centralised the service and it has degraded, agents still sound helpful but I think their hands are tied with just raising faults and trying to liaise with the site owners to have them repaird. I'm lucky I have one of the original cards, which was free and hopefully will remain so as it was a 'card for life'.

·
Registered
2012 24kw upgraded to 40kw
281 Posts
FYI, sometimes you need to hold the card still in front of the reader for an 'unexpectedly' long time - at least, that's my experience. It's often quite a bit slower than a debit card touchless payment. Also, it's not always obvious exactly which bit of the charger you're supposed to be putting the RFID card in front of...
The service isn't perfect, but the electricity is often free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.