Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It couldn't last - the £7.60 fixed rate at Ionity with ChargePoint is over, now at £0.58 / kWh. Leaves MainGau as the best option I'm aware of, now at €0.39 / kWh. Any better information or further "loopholes" welcomed!

Reactions: Sandy

·
Zoe Devotee
9,221 Posts
59p is still cheaper than Ionity directly. But yeah Maingau still rules supreme. Wonder if I'll get a chance to use this card, never managed to use my Charpoint one lol

Reactions: electricdriver

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
112 Posts
59p is still cheaper than Ionity directly. But yeah Maingau still rules supreme. Wonder if I'll get a chance to use this card, never managed to use my Charpoint one lol
I've now opened a Maingau account on the app. Does the RFID card and fob just appear or do you have to order it?

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,583 Posts
Keep an eye on updates from @electricfelix.com - he normally is very good with news on pricing and offers etc

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,583 Posts
I've now opened a Maingau account on the app. Does the RFID card and fob just appear or do you have to order it?
RFID just appeared for me - pretty sure they just send one to anyone who has completed registration

·
Registered
190 Posts
How did you register? I can't see an option for Großbritannien or England or anything else relevant. I might have to pretend I'm on St Helena or the Isle of Man. Probably still get to me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did you register? I can't see an option for Großbritannien or England or anything else relevant. I might have to pretend I'm on St Helena or the Isle of Man. Probably still get to me!
Country you're looking for is "vereinigtes königreich" took me a while to work it out when I did it. Card arrived no problems.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
112 Posts
Vereinigtes Königreich United Kingdom in German

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vereinigtes Königreich United Kingdom in German
Also worth knowing...the MainGau system allows you to register a UK bank account for payment with IBAN / BACS details. However, the app doesn't contain fields for all the relevant data and thus fails - their website will allow you to enter required information. I think credit card isn't now an option which might be simpler, but watch for foreign transaction fees!

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
112 Posts
Also worth knowing...the MainGau system allows you to register a UK bank account for payment with IBAN / BACS details. However, the app doesn't contain fields for all the relevant data and thus fails - their website will allow you to enter required information. I think credit card isn't now an option which might be simpler, but watch for foreign transaction fees!
Good to know. It’s allowed me to register my Revolut card and use Euros. I’ll register my Revolut IBAN.

I’ve not used it yet but hopefully it’ll work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts